'I am ready to die' - New LC interview in The Gurdian today

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
cpl593h

'I am ready to die' - New LC interview in The Gurdian today

Post by cpl593h »

see https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... ady-to-die

NOTE the full article in New Yorker magazine is huge and illuminating.

see http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/ ... -it-darker
Last edited by cpl593h on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
199Dan

Re: 'I am ready to die' - New LC interview in The Gurdian today

Post by 199Dan »

"May everyone live, And may everyone die"

Thanks for the for the advise !
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

I'm sure that being ready to die is quite different from wanting to die, or any clear prediction that death will come soon.
Interesting to hear him talk of the comforting aspect of putting affairs in order in the later stages of life, and in his case this ideally involves completing a lot of unfinished work. We all hope , I'm sure,he gets that second wind.
It's good to hear that ,his failing body aside, leonard feel s in a good place, with family friends and creative projects giving him a lot to live for. Great too that there is no indication the mental health problems that have challenged him most of his life have recurred.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
panjandrum

Post by panjandrum »

It's so sad to hear that his health is failing (or that he feels his health is failing...). I was lucky enough to see him 4 times during his "final touring years" (Toronto, Detroit, Detroit, Chicago) and he seemed incredibly vibrant, nimble, exuberant and absolutely full of life.

Having seen too many relatives hang-on too long, I will only hope that when he does go, he goes quickly, peacefully, and with dignity.

Return to “News”