Happy Birthday Jarkko!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Vlastik

Re: Happy Birthday Jarkko!

Post by Vlastik »

Very happy birthday, Jarkko! Wish you another wonderful year. Vlasta
Susy

Post by Susy »

... Have a very Happy Birthday Jarkko ... greatings from Switzerland .... Susanne
Susy
christineanne

Post by christineanne »

Hello Jarkko

Thank you for everything you do - on this forum and elsewhere - for all the members.

Happy Birthday :) and I wish you a wonderful year ahead

Christineanne
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

A very happy birthday dear Jarkko.

All good things to you! May your life be filled with happiness and laughter and joy!
Hans & Caren

Here a little reminder of your early days (who would have thought this?) :

Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Thank you for the nice words, Friends! Another year left in the history, and now looking forward to the next one!
I retired in April and this gives me more time to things that are close to my heart: family first (love my role as grandfather), get-togethers with friends, this wonderful (and sometimes also funny and crazy ;-) ) community of Cohenites, books that are waiting to be read... For the time being the big renovation of our house takes a lot (=all) of my energy. One of our friends asked me: don't you have too much free time now when you're no more working as an auditor. I thought he must be joking :lol:
Love
Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
margaret

Post by margaret »

Wishing you all good things,

Margaret and John
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

happy belated birthday dear Jarkko
hope that day was up to your expectations, if not you have 364 other occasions to have an awesome day before next year!
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Happy Birthday Jarkko, and enjoy retirement. I can confirm that most of the time it feels as busy as a working life - but mainly with things one chooses!
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Happy belated birthday Jarkko!
Padma

Post by Padma »

Belated greetings Jarkko from all of us. It was wonderful to see you both after a gap of almost 6 years! Good health and our warmest wishes. Padma, Harry and the boys X
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh dear, dear Jarkko - The years and the memories are so many and you've never broken stride. Only just now learned that this was your day that has passed. Retired now... Wow! I know already how busy you'll be. I'm happy for you 8) Congratulations! !! Hope your day was every bit as special as you are... A very tall order 8) Much love and Happy Birthday dear one :D Love, Lizzie xoxox snd many hugs
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Belated Happy Birthday, Jarkko! :D

We must compare notes again soon. ;-)

Enjoy your retirement too. 8)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes