Australian TV

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
AlanM

Australian TV

Post by AlanM »

Attention Australian members - tomorrow (11th June, 2016) on SBS1 @ 8:35pm, RocKwiz Salutes The Legends.
"RocKwiz pays homage to the best music Canada has to offer, from Joni Mitchell to The Band and Leonard Cohen".
Sorry for the short notice.

Also I saw a "cover" of Hallelujah on the American TV show NCIS, with a couple of verses sung by one of the characters. Season 13; Episode 18. Didn't know where to post that info. Maybe someone already has.

Alan
Last edited by AlanM on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
B4real

Re: Australian TV

Post by B4real »

Thanks Alan,

I'll check out RocKwiz tonight. You are the best TV guide on all things LC!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Hi Alan,

I really enjoyed that RocKwiz, though I usually do anyway. ;-)

Even though there were no apparent big LC fans amongst the four panelist competitors selected, I think the two musicians may have been more so inclined and there was a fair bit of focus on Leonard throughout the show anyway. I also thought that rendition of 'First We Take Manhattan' was as good as any you could wish to see (apart from Leonard's own). :D

It was also a nice touch that Julia finished with the "There's a crack in everything..." quote. 8)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
B4real

Post by B4real »

I thought I’d add that Leonard was mentioned on Australian TV a couple of nights ago in a show called Spicks And Specks. The contestants were asked to match up singers with the TV shows they also appeared in. For Leonard it was his role in Miami Vice and they couldn’t guess it, ha!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “News”