Leonard as a father - one of several featured in a new book 'My Old Man'

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
christineanne

Leonard as a father - one of several featured in a new book 'My Old Man'

Post by christineanne »

There's an article here

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... ir-fathers

and a review

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/ ... haun-ryder

and the book 'My Old Man' mentioned is now in the Guardian 'best-seller' list!

(well, it was when I posted this entry in June 2016! In fact, the link below will take you to the current best seller list).

https://bookshop.theguardian.com/?utm_s ... gn=generic
Last edited by christineanne on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tony

Re: Leonard as a father - one of several featured in a new book 'My Old Man'

Post by Tony »

Thank you for having posted this link, christineanne. The entire article is very interesting and thought provoking.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thank you christineanne!

Adam's take on 'his old man' is wonderful!

Mystery almost solved - LC is 'around 5'8" '
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll read the others later, but oh my, I LOVE Adam's response to the question!! 8)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

"You want to know some secrets about Leonard Cohen? Here’s the dirt. He loves George Jones and Hank Williams. He travels with one small suitcase. Many of his impeccable suits are actually threadbare. He’s only about 5ft 8in, despite that giant baritone. He awakens at four in the morning and blackens pages every single day of his life. He cuts his own hair. He will find a patch of sun anywhere and sit in it, like a big cat, following that sliver wherever it goes. Although he no longer smokes, there is nothing he would rather do. He makes the best tuna salad I’ve ever had – he seems to have a knack for that. He loves making food for people, in fact. He spends a lot of time in the kitchen. He’s probably the best-known short-order chef in the world."

Lovely.
Squidgy

Post by Squidgy »

Not likely I'll ever get that tuna salad recipe.
Years ago I tried to get his recipe for the potato soup he bragged about making for Roshi. My pleas were ignored, which wounded me to the very core of my being. I would even have been willing to trade a naked photo of me self, although I didn't tell him that at the time. A lady's desperation must never appear too obvious.

Harrumph. He hurls his silly songs all over creation, but goes all secret agent man with his recipes.

Return to “News”