New layout on the Forum

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
harald

Re: New layout on the Forum

Post by harald »

First, thanks to Jarkko and his familiy (Rauli) for taking all these efforts for us!

Personally I am not much interested in design, form follows function. It works, so it´s fine with me. YES
Probably more modern, probably needed some uplifting after so many years. YES
Brown is not my favourite colour. RATHER NO
On my Pc screen there are big unused spaces left and right, summing up to nearly half the screen, don´t like. NO (but then, there might be a reason like adaptability for smartphones, don´t know)
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The max width of the Forum window has indeed ben set in the software parameters. Many of us have really big screens in our main computers, and reading a message where the text is say 50 cm wide is not comfortable (at least I think so). The software also automatically scales the Forum for all smaller screens, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops, so that you don't need to scroll to left and right.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Some seriously great features from all I've read here. I haven't gone beyond the colour scheme, yet, but will better understand later, after I do. What you've just described, Jarkko, is a HUGE advantage in itself. I like the idea of the FB connect, too.

As for the colour, Leonard does like his monochromatic clothing and his brown suits, too. More subdued, indeed.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

Refreshing layout.
fentiger

Post by fentiger »

I love the new layout -I have difficulty reading bright colours, due to an eye condition ...this is perfect ...no longer have to wear sun-glasses to read your site!!
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Change is good ! 8)
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Post by Karren B »

Haven't logged on for a while but have to say... Sorry Jarkko, Hate new layout with a passion!

Insipid and bland....

It was like going to a concert and finding Leonard turning up in cowboy boots and a Stetson!

There's a saying that says 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.....

Have changed back to prosilver, but it's a shame I can only get this if I log on, and then things are still very different.

Unhappy bunny :(

Sorry once again but have to be honest!
'Take the breath of a new dawn
And make it a part of you.
It will give you strength'
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Latte when not signed in
Prosilver when signed in
I like the difference

The change was strangely shocking - but over it now and all is fine
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Have changed back to prosilver, but it's a shame I can only get this if I log on, and then things are still very different
You don't need to log-in every time you visit the Forum. Just tick the "remember me" option when you enter next time, and that's it (this option uses cookies so you've to have them enabled). After signing-in once, just select Prosilver version (see the first message on page 1 of this thread), and you will always see the old colors. The new features of this updated software will be in use, for instance you will see the "New Posts" button up there, which makes it easier to browse through the recent activity (all posts since your last visit), without getting back to the board index page.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

As I'd switched to Windows 10, for a minute or two, I thought the new layout was a Windows glitch, but eventually realised it was a new layout. I really like it, fresh is good! Thanks as always Jarkko and Rauli
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Change can be good and I have no problem with the new layout (though some things will take a bit of getting used to). However, i have some vision problems and I found Latte very difficult to read. Fortunately everything was solved by switching back to Prosilver.

Wendy
mike.barker58

Post by mike.barker58 »

I think the new layout is excellent .....
Judy

Post by Judy »

Is there still a quick link to the Files somewhere? There there used to be one in the old layout but can't find it there either now.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Judy wrote:Is there still a quick link to the Files somewhere? .
Just click on the words "Leonardcohenfiles.com" at the top of the page, under the signature.
shooting_star_88

Post by shooting_star_88 »

Interesting & I like the title script :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy

Return to “News”