What would Leonard say?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
10newtours

What would Leonard say?

Post by 10newtours »

"Scientists are closing in on a cure for love"...

...what would Leonard have to say about this?!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 37161.html
Tchocolatl

Re: What would Leonard say?

Post by Tchocolatl »

It's closing time?

Too easy...
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Boss

Post by Boss »

I believe Leonard would say, "Hogwash!" There just isn't a cure for love. Men and women have been in this bind, this grind for thousands of years. They've fed me serotonin enriching drugs for 25 years - I still love her, more even. It is part of the tapestry of things, it's what makes things interesting, exciting, even painful. I reckon Leonard would say, "You can numb something, but you'll never kill it." Indeed, time very often just clarifies things. No scientist can measure or extrapolate this. None. Thank you 10newtours.

Peace now,
Boss
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

and ocytocine ?
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Boss

Post by Boss »

I sat in the doctor's chair and looked at a willow outside his window. He sd would you like to try it. I sd no thanks doc. I've seen The Future. Sleep well Tchoc
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

The joke will be on Science, like some-kinda' Zen koan, when scientists look through their electron microscopes only to see a microscopic Leonard Cohen singing the absolute truth as he knows it, "there ain't no cure for love". ;-)

Return to “News”