New book: LC - An Illustrated Record by Mike Evans

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

New book: LC - An Illustrated Record by Mike Evans

Post by jarkko »

This book was listed at Amazon for August. Has anyone seen it/got it? If yes, what do you think?

Leonard Cohen - An Illustrated Record
Compiled by Editors of Plexus
Publication Date: August 12, 2014
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Plexus Publishing (UK)
Language: English
ISBN: 978-0859655194
Price 9,89 UK pounds

"Complete guide to Leonard Cohen's studio and live albums -- from his studio debut, "Songs of Leonard Cohen" (1967), to his most recent record, "Old Ideas" (2012). Offering a comprehensive overview of each LP -- from writing and recording through to release and legacy."
For more than four decades, Leonard Cohen's mournful ballads of desire, heartbreak and lost faith have captivated audiences the world over. Now more popular than ever, the award-winning Canadian songwriter, novelist and poet is revered as a cultural icon and master of his craft. Published to coincide with Cohen's 80th birthday in September 2014, this is the first complete guide to his studio and live albums. Offering a comprehensive overview of each LP - from writing and recording through to release and legacy - Leonard Cohen: An Illustrated Record is a richly illustrated tribute to the body of recorded work that has made Cohen a legend in his own lifetime.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Re: New book: LC - An Illustrated Record by Plexus

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I am still waiting to find out Jarkko! I ordered it in February and Amazon gave me an estimated delivery date of 5-8 September. 5 September came and went so I wrote to Amazon. They sent me several e-mails full of standard rubbish about delivery estimates and supply chains and told me I could cancel if I wanted to. They finally sent me an e-mail saying they would have the book in stock on September 17 and I had another e-mail this morning giving me an estimated delivery date of September 23-30!!

I will let you know about the book if I ever receive it ......

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Plexus Publishing does not list this book yet on their website.
Maybe they decided to wait and then to add the songs of Popular Problems?
I emailed the company and asked what's going on.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

From John Jackson (who had pre-ordered the book):
Just to keep you informed i received notice today that the book is now put back till the spring of 2015. I have had my payment refunded and they will let me know when the book becomes available. Disappointing but at least we have an idea what is going on.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thank you John for providing the update via Jarkko. I got an e-mail from Amazon last week telling me that the book was unavailable and my order has been cancelled but no further information.

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: New book: LC - An Illustrated Record by Mike Evans

Post by jarkko »

This book was supposed to be published in 2014 to celebrate Leonard's 80th birthday, but it never happened. Now, finally, an updated version of the book is available:

Richly Illustrated with over 100 photographs.

For almost fifty years, Leonard Cohen’s mournful ballads of desire, heartbreak and lost faith have captivated audiences the world over. Continuing to make music until weeks before his death in November 2016, the award-winning Canadian songwriter, novelist and poet is revered as a cultural icon and master of his craft.

Mike Evans chronicles Leonard Cohen’s extraordinary career in detail, placing his literary and musical achievements within the context of his life. From his beginnings as a writer and poet, through his classic albums of the sixties and seventies, up to his hugely successful tours of the late 2000s and early 2010s, every stage of Cohen’s remarkable life is explored.

This is the first complete guide to his studio and live albums – from writing and recording through to release and legacy – Leonard Cohen: An Illustrated Record is a richly illustrated tribute to the body of recorded work that has made Cohen a legend in his own lifetime, and beyond. Lavishly illustrated with over 100 full colour and b&w photographs, along with memorable quotes from Cohen and those who knew him best, this is essential reading for anyone interested in the work of one of the most gifted songwriters of all time.

Note: Amazon and several other sellers still have presentation of the 2014 edition although they're selling this 2018 bookl!!!

According to the list of contents, sent me by Dominique, also You Want It Darker is discussed.

· Pocketbook, 208 pages
· Publisher: Plexus Publishing (October 17, 2018)
· ISBN-13: 978-0859655194
oldfriend28

Re: New book: LC - An Illustrated Record by Mike Evans

Post by oldfriend28 »

Thank you for this, Jarkko.

Return to “News”