Rob Hallett exits AEG Live

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Jean Fournell

Re: Rob Hallett exits AEG Live

Post by Jean Fournell »

@ harald: :lol:

● — ● — ●

Now, with one asterisk gone, I must puzzle about "ar*es".

What next ? An obelisk appearing ? "ar*es" ?

... for a while
... for a little while...

(Just a filthy beggar blessing / What happens to the heart)
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Perhaps you could explain your laughter Mme Fournell, for I do not share either yours, or Harald's high IQ and I simply do not understand the joke?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Jean Fournell

Post by Jean Fournell »

Here we go, Vicomte, instead of answering my question first you already ask another one...

And it is to your greatest honour that you love my wife to the point of interrogating her directly after having noticed dubious affairs which might be going on between Harald and me!

This is truly admirable benevolence at its best.

(Please forgive a jealous husband for being nosey, but has she sent a reply as yet?)

... for a while

its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

I always enjoy threads like this to watch our "poster of rank" act out his compulsion to have the last word
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

its4inthemorning wrote:I always enjoy threads like this to watch our "poster of rank" act out his compulsion to have the last word
Oh dear, that really is such a rather sad post. I have no compulsion to do such a thing but I do claim the right to answer those that reply to me.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Jean Fournell wrote:Here we go, Vicomte, instead of answering my question first you already ask another one...

And it is to your greatest honour that you love my wife to the point of interrogating her directly after having noticed dubious affairs which might be going on between Harald and me!

This is truly admirable benevolence at its best.

(Please forgive a jealous husband for being nosey, but has she sent a reply as yet?)
Surely someone with such good English as yours proves to be, would know the missing letter? I beg your pardon and apologise but as you are fully aware, to much of the English speaking World, Jean can be John, or simply as it looks, Jean, I appear to have mistaken your name as feminine and not masculine, falsely believing that you were a British woman married to a Frenchman.

So with that apology in mind, can you tell me what the joke was please, I have re-read it and still cannot find the joke?

Just in case the word has never entered your vocabulary, it was of course, arses.
Neil from The Young Ones
Jean Fournell

Post by Jean Fournell »

It was GB arses telescoped with USA asses, giving arsses.
I pinpointed your initial double asterisk in order for you to reconsider your post; and you corrected the typo.

Vicomte, presuming that English is not your mother tongue, I have decided to give you the benefit of doubt in what concerns your affair with my wife. (You'll appreciate of course that this does cost me quite an effort.)
And therefore I accept your apology.
Izœn't it.

As for your asking me to explain the joke, my answer is no.

First, for the following reasons: blablablablablabla-bla, jokes cannot be explained.
(That's the official version.)

Second, you and I know these reasons, otherwise there would be no fun for you in asking me to explain, nor for me in refusing. Refusing for the simple reason that you are asking me. Innocent as I am.
The name of this second point is "The world is big, strong, and unfair".
(That's the inofficial version, but which still can be told to the ears of youth. Children love to see that even adults sometimes know a thing or two.)

Third, McMurphy in "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" has a good reason not to reveal how his uncle Hallahan finally nailed his wife's beak shut: one never knows if one won't need the trick oneself one day.
(Honesty requires me to let you know that I am a thorough cheat. Well, I hereby grudgingly do.)

... for a while

Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Firstly old chap, as suspected, you have not got a clue why you laughed, it is very French to laugh at nothing, they see it as etiquette but some are truly bonkers.

Secondly, the British, you know, the race that everyone in France calls les anglais, not knowing there are other countries within the British name but there you go but there is a phrase that comes to mind when you read such tripe (from Caen I believe) and the phrase is, "What a load of bollocks".

(Sorry, no asterisks this time, as it would mean explaining it all again)
Neil from The Young Ones
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi
Perhaps it's time to focus on the main subject of this thread again instead of keeping this argument going on and on... So please read the title if this thread again and give your opinion if you want.
Thanks!

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
surrender

Post by surrender »

Grateful for bringing Leonard back on the stage I wish Rob success in his new job:

"LinkedIn

Rob Hallett

CEO at my Life
London, United Kingdom Entertainment

Rob Hallett's Overview
Current CEO at My life
CEO at my Life
Past President of International Touring at AEG Live"
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Thank you Maarten to put an end to this conversation. I hope we see Rob with Leonsrd again one day.
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

regensburg wrote:Thank you Maarten to put an end to this conversation.
I don't think Maarten is trying to put an end to this conversation, regensburg - just trying to bring the discussion back to its original focus.

One of my biggest disappointments with this forum is how some people here seem to see discussion of anything as treason!
And this in a forum dedicated to such an open-minded individual as Leonard Cohen.

Shows how far the disciples can deviate from the Master...
Ring the bells that still can ring...
dave gilbert

Post by dave gilbert »

I am an LC fan and I come here to be informed and sometimes entertained but there are some truly stupid and worthless posts which actively discourage me from looking at the forum on a regular basis. I dont post often but this exchange is pretty pathetic!
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

dave gilbert wrote: I dont post often
You don't post often?
Suggest you look up the meaning of the word "often".

You use your first ever post here to criticize those who have bothered to engage in discussion, rather than contributing something of interest yourself?

Now that's what I call, in your words, "pathetic"!
Ring the bells that still can ring...
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Athnuachan wrote:Shows how far the disciples can deviate from the Master...
Oh yes, here's a brilliant example.

Return to “News”