Rare Film Clips Of Leonard Cohen To Be Screened

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
musicmania

Re: Rare Film Clips Of Leonard Cohen To Be Screened

Postby musicmania » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Nice one Rachel. I understand why you were apprehensive about sending the email but in this instance it needed to be done. You obviously did it in a diplomatic way and it seems the theatre are going to act in a diplomatic way too. So hopefully it will have a desired positive effect.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
holydove

Postby holydove » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Gwen, I agree that it needed to be done, & thank you for your kind & comforting words - much appreciated.
musicmania

Postby musicmania » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 pm

holydove wrote:Gwen, I agree that it needed to be done, & thank you for your kind & comforting words - much appreciated.
You're welcome.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
LisaLCFan

Postby LisaLCFan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:56 pm

This debacle sounds like it was yet another person trying to cash in on Leonard's current wave of popularity. At least he didn't write a book!
alb123

Postby alb123 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Normally, I would say that anything that could bring Leonard Cohen's work to new audiences, provide new exposure of his career, would be a wonderful thing. What bothers me about this is Mr. Bill Shelley is profiting from this. It's one thing to be a fan and get a little carried away in your excitement and maybe when you're trying to introduce Leonard to friends and family, you get some information wrong (dates, places, incorrect song meanings). That doesn't bother me. Again, opening up the door to a stranger and letting them learn about Leonard's career is wonderful - but to profit from it, when you clearly don't know what you're talking about. For shame, Bill Shelley. For shame.

-Chris
Waterbury, CT - May 14, 2009
Las Vegas, NV - Dec 11, 2010 (Final Show of Leonard's 3 year World Tour) INCREDIBLE!
Boston, MA - Dec 15, 2012 (Best L.C. concert I've been to!)

Return to “News”