13th Feast of Cohen in December in Newfoundland

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

13th Feast of Cohen in December in Newfoundland

Postby jarkko » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 am

This is the 13th Festival of Leonard Cohen Songs performed by Newfoundland artists.
Artists of a variety will be performing songs from Leonard's earlier cataloque; and several from his latest work.
Old Ideas! What a wonderful collection of songs and I absolutely love the collaboration Ed Sanders and Patrick Leonard. Just fabulous!
We were all disappointed to hear that Mr. Cohen would not be making it this far East on his current tour.
That's why performing his songs every year with my fellow Newfoundland artists has become an annual tradition with audiences here in St. John's Newfoundland.
He is so admired and Feast of Cohen still has a following of Cohen fans who turn out every December 28th and 29th in all kinds of weather to be treated to an entire night a la Cohen.

We are all looking forward to having another great show!
All the best to you and the entire Leonard Cohen Camp from all of us here in Feast of Cohen.

Sincerely,

Vicky Hynes
Feast of Cohen
36 Bond Street
St. John's, Newfoundland
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Plannerman

Re: 13th Feast of Cohen in December in Newfoundland

Postby Plannerman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Another excellent show this year! Andrew James O'Brien was amazing!

It was good to be back to the show after missing the first one in 13 years last year as I was out of the country, and it always my Christmas present to attend the show on the 29th.

Hopefully another Feast Of Cohen album is in the works - the previous version is in heavy rotation on my ipod!

Tony

Return to “News”