close-up photo of leonard

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

http://www.ba.no/puls/musikk/konsert/st ... 189780.ece
great picture. this is an article about it being hoped that leonard will give a 4-hour concert in bergen, norway.
lightasabreeze

Re: close-up photo of leonard

Post by lightasabreeze »

Oh, I wasn't prepared for that. What a great picture. Thanks.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Sanverp

Post by Sanverp »

Very nice
Kind Regards,
Peter
Cate

Post by Cate »

I think this is the first time I've ever really looked at his eyes - I didn't know they were that colour (I thought they were brown)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Cate wrote:I think this is the first time I've ever really looked at his eyes - I didn't know they were that colour (I thought they were brown)
i studied them close-up, and there was no brown in them. i remember thinking that i had never seen anyone else with eyes like his. a very pale blue, mixed with olive and grey, plus some indefinable colouring that would be difficult to find in a paintbox - very special indeed :-)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Beautiful photo... great description of his incredible eyes.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

This photo is part of 2012 official Old Ideas promo photos taken by Dominique Issermann. They weren't published at one place so we collected them in the gallery at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 528&type=3 It's only 2 or 3 new photos, others are from 2010 or 2008 tour photo sets.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

A fabulous photo, I should say! Our own, loving, caring, magic Leonard!!!

Carmen
Robin Orfe

Post by Robin Orfe »

Truly a fantastic photograph. He certainly looks mighty darned good for his age. I LOVE this photo!!!

-Robin-
st theresa1

Post by st theresa1 »

Have to agree--that is one great photo of Leonard. They say the eyes are the window to the soul and this photo that shows his eyes so clearly is really a marvel--have tried to find another such and his eyes do look brown in almost all the photos. Reminds me a bit of ol blue eyes.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

When I was still working, I had several photos of Leonard on my desk/computer area and someone swore up and down it had to be Frank ;-)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sereneava

Post by sereneava »

Another great find from my idle hours scrolling through the forum. Loved these photos.
Alethea

Post by Alethea »

Regarding the color of Leonard's eyes, there is a copy of his first passport, issued on October 29, 1959, in Ira B. Nadel's book, "Various Positions: A Life of Leonard Cohen." The passport states that the color of his eyes is HAZEL. According to the Oxford dictionary, hazel is "a reddish-brown or greenish-brown color, esp. of someone's eyes." Most of the photos appear to show his eyes as dark (in black and white photos), or brown ranging from very dark to medium. There is one photo opposite page 92 in Jim Devlin's book, "Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words," (black and white) in which his eyes appear quite light. There may be others, but that is a striking closeup of his face. I have generally thought that it was the lighting when the photograph was taken that caused the different appearances. Perhaps a professional photographer would have more information about this. I also wonder whether a person's eye color may tend to fade somewhat as he or she ages. Of course, LC himself could clear this up in a heartbeat, but then where would be the fun of chatting?
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

His eyes are hazel, they were a little darker when he was younger. I have this pic in a beautiful frame and it is georgeous.

Return to “News”