LA Times court case report

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
rpan

LA Times court case report

Postby rpan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Some non-musical or tour related news:

http://shar.es/rox4D

This blogger has a sample for anyone interested, gives a good idea of the problem ...http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -with.html
Last edited by rpan on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
remote1

Re: LA Times court case report

Postby remote1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:00 pm

How scary, and depressing... :(
"We are so lightly here"
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 pm

This is so sad that he has to go through this.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
edlosi

Postby edlosi » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:09 pm

MaryB wrote:
This is so sad that he has to go through this.
Indeed it is! :(
holydove

Postby holydove » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Very disturbing!! Sounds like the woman really needs some professional help, esp. if she's ever going to be out on the streets again. . .quite frightening!
Winnaar58

Postby Winnaar58 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Sad and shocking!
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
tina

Postby tina » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:20 am

I knew about the money, but I didn't knew about those calls and threats.
I feel really sorry for Leonard Cohen - sad news.
Brugge July 2008 // Oberhausen November 2008 // Cologne July 2009 // Ghent August 2012 // Mönchengladbach September 2012 // Oberhausen June 2013 // Brussels June 2013
leonardmtl

Postby leonardmtl » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:27 am

Wow! Real continuing sickness!
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:17 am

I hadn't realised this was still ongoing and at this moment. What a stressful and prolonged procedure it has turned out to be!

"It makes me feel very conscious about my surroundings," Cohen said. "Every time I see a car slow down, I get worried."
.....How absolutely horrible!

Let's hope it gets finalised very soon for all concerned.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:41 am

What's very disturbing is that these have escalated... and she has a very hardened look, perhaps suggesting a lot of mental/psychological stress [mental illness? and we all know the potentials that come with that]. For a milli-second I wondered "Is that Phil Spector with his hair cut??" She appears to have lost the feminine part of herself. Even more disturbing is that Leonard is feeling very stressed at a very deep, intuitive level. May G~d do whatever is necessary to keep him safe. I remember twice in my life feeling that deep kind of fear regarding my safety relative to another person... and the feeling doesn't just go away and no one can talk you out of it. With Kelley, I called Leonard's office once and had a lovely conversation with her [before all had gone bad]. I got only one, but I did get one of those bizarre emails from her and wondered how in the world she got my email address, and how she could ever even dream that anything she might say would change a single thought I had about Leonard. I didn't respond, at all, and never got another one. I realized that the people who were telling me about this going on were sure right about how strange the emails were. Trying to remember if in that phone call, my email somehow got shared. I can't even remember what it was about [the call], just that I was concerned about her and the others' safety because there were fires in the mountainous area north of L.A. She said her home was generally speaking up in that area, but that it was safe, and thanked me for asking. I really hope Leonard will be able to travel stress free... but, then, there are those for hire out there and she sure enough had plenty of money at one time, thanks to all of Leonard's hard work in earning it. What's also so sad about this is that Leonard has been exceptionally kind about Kelley, since he learned of her massive theft. The irony of her accusing him of these very traits. Projection in a very pitiful way. Sad. I also don't like reading that she slightly smiled upon listening to some of the tapes, with that suggesting that she may have no remorse whatsoever for what she's put Leonard through... and that in turn suggests a continuing lack of 'connection' ~ all of it is very disturbing, especially the particulars of what Leonard said in his testimony. This has to have become extremely acute and chronic for its going to court like this. Leonard doesn't seem to take court and taking people there lightly, at all.

Okay. Found it. It was sent to multiple Forum members... and was a layer upon layer upon layer email, with lots of add-ons and P.S.'s and off-the-wall accusations... so, at the time, she came here and just wildly starting using the email function in our profiles, but somehow the many names [email addresses] ended up on the "TO:" list at the same time. I would like to see her get in-treatment for her mental health issues, so that Leonard would be able to move about at least more freely. This really is alarming because Leonard is not an alarmist; yet, the depth of his own personal concern is palpable.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
chaplainmom

Postby chaplainmom » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:37 am

Bless you, Leonard.
Cheshire gal

Postby Cheshire gal » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 am

This is very bad news. One can only imagine how stressful it has been for Leonard and his family. I would imagine Kelley was the inspiration for 'Darkness' also.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 am

wow... i hadn't even considered that, cheshire gal. i wonder... i'm going to listen to it from that perspective
~ Oscar Wilde
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Postby Byron » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:18 am

She's not well.
Due process must be allowed.

She's not well.
Judge not lest yea be judged.

She's not well.
Lawyers plead their case.

She's not well.
There are two victims of her illness.

She's not well.
If only Soloman was the Judge.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 am

Well done, Byron. Putting the emphasis in approximately the same place has put it for so long.
I don't know that we're judging so much as we're expressing our concern for Leonard in our various ways.
Too many historical incidents already catalogued concerning others.
When we see Leonard expressing concern, it's hard to not feel that concern, too.
Hopefully, the outcome of the legal process will afford protection for everyone.
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “News”