Happy Holidays to All Members!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
bridger15

Re: Happy Holidays to All Members!

Post by bridger15 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:24 am

December 31, 2011

I have been enjoying Eija Arjatsalo's beautiful photography ever since I joined the Leonard Cohen Forum in 2009. I have particularly been struck by Eija's photographs of her Ice Creations.

They are live artworks, so breathtaking.

It was only recently that I realized that the posting of photographs of Eija's Ice works are a Forum tradition at Holiday time. So I surfed the Forum and the Leonard Cohen Files to collect some of her other Ice photographs. One lovely surprise I discovered is that Jarkko uses one if Eija's Ice Creations as his avatar.

I posted some of Eija Arjatsalo's beautiful creations that I as able to find on my Leonard Cohen Scrapbook.

http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com/2011 ... ds-of.html

So, as the year draws to a close, I would like to thank Eija for all your exquisite photo galleries.

And I would like to thank Jarkko and Rauli, for everything you do for Leonard Cohen and his fans.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR to Jarkko & Eija and all Forum members! Special thanks to Jarkko for the great work on the Leonardcohenfiles and to Eija for the beautiful sculptures and photos. 2011 was a great year for Leonard-related music with wonderful concerts by Adam, Neema and the Webb Sisters. 2012 promises to be another great year, especially with the release of the new albums by Leonard and Anjani, and the publication of Sylvie Simmon's book on Leonard. All good things, John E
B4real

Post by B4real » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:54 am

I know I have posted earlier but I couldn't help but greet the New Year with a twin pic to my previous Merry Christmas one.
Also, I wanted to add my absolute appreciation for everything Jarkko and his family have done for all of us. May the new year bring all we desire.
happy new year from Queensland.jpg
and a couple of New Year Quotes:

"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things."
~John Burroughs

"For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."
~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

....and that's a wonderful compliation Arlene.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 am

That's a stunning card you made for Eija and Jarkko, Arlene. I'm so happy that when you posted, it went to the top of the next page. So, as long as this page lasts, that will be what everyone sees when they enter onto it. So rich and warm her creations have always been. And I joing with those who thank all three of the Arjatsalo's... I cannot even begin to imagine the lacking in my life if you had never been here.

Love,
Lizzy
xoxox
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
anneporter

Post by anneporter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Yes , I must chime in to praise the beauty of Arlene's tribute to Eija's magical artworks!

Return to “News”