Artur Jarosinski has passed away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
MaryB

Re: Artur Jarosinski has passed away

Post by MaryB »

I never had the priviledge of meeting Artur, but it is easy to see that he was highly respected, much appreciated, and loved. His death is a loss not only for this community, but for all those who knew him. My deepest sympathy to his family and all those who knew him and were able to count him as their friend.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Very sorry to hear of the loss of Artur, incredibly generous with his collection of bootlegs. Would have loved to have met him, it was not to be. RIP Artur.
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Nelien

Post by Nelien »

Hi everybody, just passing by on this forum to share some memories. (posted on the forum of expectingrain.com - dylan - earlier this week.

This is such incredible sad news. He was so precious in so many ways, f.i. in the way he shared the recordings. He loved to see that people liked it and followed the number of downloads and the remarks. After a concert he could hardly wait uploading his recording. When he was staying at my place in the Netherlands he used my computer to do so. The last time was after the three 2009 Dylan concerts in Amsterdam. Since I am living close to Amsterdam and it was beautiful weather and it was the third concert in a row, it was my wish to go by bicycle and cycle that 15 km (12 mile), just for the change. Artur mocked but had not much choice. We cycled through the beautiful landscape and I told him the names of some water birds (Fuut etc. ). Artur’s revenge was sweet: the way back he cycled as hell! I had to make him stop to get my breath back, but he had to upload that concert ASAP (in two different qualities) .
For me he was precious as a person too. I am devastated by the news of his death. I hesitated a while to share this with you, because Artur was such a private person. I do so ‘cause I hope to meet some people to share some memories.

I am a Dylan fan since1978, living in Holland and I had not many ways to share my love for his music (there were times you could make a fool of yourself by telling you loved his music), until the internet.
One of the first persons I bumped in to was Artur. He posted on rec.music. dylan his impression of the eclipse of 11 august 1999.” “Darkness at the break of noon, Shadows even the silver spoon, The handmade blade, the child's balloon, Eclipses both the sun and moon”, it is exactly like the song!” For me the eclipse was ‘a once in a life time’ experience and Artur’s observation made it even more wonderful. I never had noticed the connection with the song, (Dylan hit the nail on the head…. Those shadows…how did he know?) if not for Artur. I thanked him for that and a lot of emails & packages followed. At that time he was studying English in Krakow, 19 years old, and he had already a respectable collection of tapes (how did he do that??!).
At that time he had seen one Dylan concert in Warsaw 1994. In 2000 I persuaded him to come to Germany to some concerts (Berlin and Dresden ….Bob’s birthday!) and we met in real live (‘seeing the real you at last’). Since I am 20 years his senior it felt a little bit like I was his mother and he was my son that I had to protect. A lot of concerts followed, not only Dylan. He often stayed at my house, he met my family and friends, in between concerts I showed him Holland, he was the tourist.

He was always so kind and generous in sharing, so funny and intelligent, he always had that Dylan quote ready. Also the last time we met (in Mainz this year). I missed him at the concert (I was much too late to be in het front regions) and we phoned after the concert and tried to pick a place to meet. Me: ‘How can I find you in a city we both don’t know and it is almost dark?’ He: ‘It’s not dark yet….but it is getting there’.
The last years Artur’s enthusiasm for Dylan decreased, he had everything there was to collect, and he went on collecting and seeing / taping Leonard Cohen. So our contacts were less frequent (of course we went to see Cohen in Amsterdam and he almost persuaded me to film that), but he will always have a place in my heart.
Nelien
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

My sympaties Neilien on the loss of your friend. Hope you stay here and find some comfort in the LC community.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Nelien

Post by Nelien »

Mary, thank you for your kind words.

Artur had positives thoughts on this LC community, 'nice people' he told me.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi,
I recently stumbled upon this picture again: two "nice people"...
Artur and Jarkko in front of the merch stand in Ghent, August 2010
Artur and Jarkko in front of the merch stand in Ghent, August 2010
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
kaz

Post by kaz »

Time passes so quickly.One year ago Artur left us forever.I think,some of us who knew
Artur think of him sometimes while watching concerts life or on youtube.
Attachments
Artur J..jpg
Artur J..jpg (7.8 KiB) Viewed 4385 times
1985:Zabrze 2008:Dublin x 2 /London O2/Praha/Wroclaw/
:Bratislava/2010:Katowice/Bratislava./2013:Lodz/Vienna
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thank you for posting this kaz. I often think of Artur / Banalny when I'm on Dime and I thought of him again when we were in Ghent last week. it's hard to believe a whole year has gone by since he passed away but his legacy lives on.

Wendy
martali

Post by martali »

kaz wrote:Time passes so quickly.One year ago Artur left us forever.I think,some of us who knew
Artur think of him sometimes while watching concerts life or on youtube.
Yes, I think of Him very often, especially when passing next this horrible place in the centre of my city :(
Let's only hope he is still able to hear and watch from above the current concerts and new songs..
No way to forget our dear Artur !!!

Marta
martali

Light a candle for Artur's memory

Post by martali »

Light a candle for Artur Jarosiński (banalny) memory:

http://www.polski-cmentarz.com/bochnia/ ... 005&inni=0

Artur, dear friend you are missed so badly.

Marta

PS
to do this please click a candle icon (4th at the very bottom of the above site)
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thank you Martali,

I had to wait a while to do this because they only allow six candles to be alight at a time.
I have just now lit a candle in remembrance of Artur. He will never be forgotten; he lives forever in Leonard's music that he made available to all of us.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
martali

Post by martali »

B4real wrote:Thank you Martali,

I had to wait a while to do this because they only allow six candles to be alight at a time.
I have just now lit a candle in remembrance of Artur. He will never be forgotten; he lives forever in Leonard's music that he made available to all of us.
Thank you Bev, I've seen your candle there - great of you !
I'll continue checking the site so there will be always candles alight.

I've spoke to Artur's dad, who appreciates very much all our forum remembrance of Artur and told me about this possibility.

Marta
phillip

Post by phillip »

sorry to hear the sad news my thoughts and prayers go out to Artur's family at this sad time
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
lindyasimus

Post by lindyasimus »

My condolences for all who knew him and to his family.

Very sad.

Lindy
martali

Post by martali »

:(

It seems so long ago ......

Remembering you dear Friend !
Artur last access.jpg

Return to “News”