Mission Accomplished: CD Artwork for Down Under Concerts

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
dce

Mission Accomplished: CD Artwork for Down Under Concerts

Post by dce » Fri May 27, 2011 10:22 am

This is a blatant cross posting ... so please forgive me.

For the past five months or so, I have been working to design and produce some personal souvenir / commemorative CD booklets and covers for Leonard's Australian / NZ shows concerts from the 2010 tour. I have been documenting this project in the "Collectors and Trader's Corner" of the forum in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24766

Today, that long and time-consuming project was finally completed (meaning I can reclaim loads of time, for other obsessive projects waiting in the wings :-))

Because I like sharing the fruits of my creative endeavours (such as they are), I have been putting all the items I produce up for free download on my LC Downunder tour blog at http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/cd-packaging/. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out; if they also happen to be of use to other folk, well that's even better!

Anyway, this is simply a quick heads-up to anyone who *doesn't* read that section of the forum, to alert you to the existence of these free LC souvenir goodies ... grab what you like, and do with it what you will (except making money, of course).

Dean (from Adelaide)
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
drsing

Re: Mission Accomplished: CD Artwork for Down Under Concerts

Post by drsing » Sat May 28, 2011 2:11 am

WOW, very good!
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Susy

Post by Susy » Sat May 28, 2011 2:40 am

Great beautiful work you did Dean, thank you for sharing !!
Susy
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Sat May 28, 2011 3:32 am

Dean...this is wonderful! Thank you so very very much! I think many of us followed your every move during the NZ and Australian tour, and this has become very personal. At the moment I have no idea how to go about all the downloading, but I've figured it out before, and I'm sure I'll work it out again. On holiday now so plenty of free time!

You have gifted us far beyond what one would even dream of, and I truly feel you need somehow to be repaid for your endeavours. More later on that.

Thank you again....this is indeed splendid!

Diana :D

ps...and even happier that Ann was also involved!
Phantom Stranger

Post by Phantom Stranger » Sun May 29, 2011 1:06 am

They simply look beautiful, obviously a tremendous amount of work and dedication went into creating them.
mutti

Post by mutti » Sun May 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Your artwork for these CD's is brilliant! These are so beautiful and although I was not fortunate to attend any of these concerts
they are great in terms of the titles and photographs. Great talent and lots of hard work I am sure.
Now I hope someone takes this on for other concert CD's as it would be quite the project.
Thanks Dean
Cheers
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...

Return to “News”