Thank's to Dr.HGuy

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Cheshire gal

Thank's to Dr.HGuy

Post by Cheshire gal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:17 am

Thank you Dr.H for your interesting and sometimes pithy colums each day :D You have given us a lot of laughs over the past year and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and happy and healthy New Year.

Keep them coming.

Cheshire gal
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
KaimiK

Re: Thank's to Dr.HGuy

Post by KaimiK » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:57 am

Yes! Thank you for enriching our lives with your treasure trove of wonderful humor, touched with poignancy and wit - love it!

Best wishes for a joyous holiday season!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
MarieM

Post by MarieM » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:11 am

Yes, Allan, a big thank you and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Marie
Speaking Cohen
cohensongs

Post by cohensongs » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 am

Yes a very big big thank you
mutti

Post by mutti » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Thank you Dr. H/ Allan for all that you do as you entertain us with such literate ideas and a wonderful array of topics.
I go on your site as much as possible to check it out and consider it an integral part of my day.
I thank you for your time and efforts.
and keeping me smiling...
Cheers and Merry Christmas and Here's to a great 2011!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:43 pm

I'll add my thanks here! Love reading your site Allan! It is brilliant and cheerful!
Thanks for everything! Hope you have a fantastic holiday and New Year.

Gwen aka Musicmania
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Thank you for your tireless daily efforts, sometimes on difficult days including moving your HOAG hedquarters to Durham, NC, to inform, inspire and delight us.

And thank you for your techno advice and your patience helping me launch my LC Scrapbook.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Pope

Post by Pope » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes, thank you. A great site.
Glyn
http://glynpope.blogspot.com/
dar

Post by dar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Heck of a Guy?...Hell of a guy I'd say! It's just one damn amazing addition, one after another to his site. And the content? Good heaven's. How does he come up with this stuff? How does that mind of his formulate the ideas? Well...I can't wait to see what he'll come up with in the coming year. I am so jealous of his creativity and writing ability that I plan to study his "work" intensively this coming year until I either absorb some of that talent by chanting over his page while it's up on my screen or sticking little pins in some voodoo doll just to be mean.

Happy New Year Heck! Thanks for working; always makes me smile.
dick

Post by dick » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:41 pm

Your creativity is already showing Darling Dar !

Allan -- all the appreciation is so very much deserved. Thanks for the hours of pleasure you have provided. Keep it up ----PUULEEESE!

Happy New Year ALL

Dick
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:26 pm

Allan,
With all your ingenous and clever articles, blogs, and posts, you are contributing to and enabling our already out-of-control CPD - thank you!

Happy New Year everyone!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:34 am

Happy New Year to you Dr.H.

Marie
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DrHGuy

Thanks From DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:35 pm

I am writing with deepest appreciation to
  • Those who have generously contributed the videos, concert reports, photos, anecdotes, historical factoids, information ... that Heck Of A Guy readers have come to count on for the latest, greatest, rarest, and oddest takes on Leonard Cohen
  • Those who have emailed me or left comments indicating interest in one post or another or encouragement for the blog in general
  • Those who have pointed out factual errors, typos, and other mistakes in Heck Of A Guy posts
  • Those who have written with great kindness and supportiveness about Julie and Lady Lawanda
  • Those who have become readers of Heck Of A Guy
  • The musicians of the Unified Heart Touring Company, some of whom have taken time from their busy schedules to participate in my incredibly prolix Q&As, some of whom have responded to my requests for information, and all of whom have been good sports about jokes I've published about them.
  • Robert Kory, who, despite legitimate concerns re my flippant, frequent, and frivolous use of intellectual property associated with Leonard Cohen, allowed postings, including several entries advertising nonexistent merchandise bearing Unified Heart symbols, portraits of Leonard Cohen, quotes and lyrics from Cohen's songs, to continue uncensored and unabated
  • Anjani, who was the first champion of Heck Of A Guy becoming a significant information source about her and Leonard Cohen; without her direct and vigorous support, the exponential increase in proportion of Heck Of A Guy posts dealing with Leonard Cohen would not have taken place.
  • Leonard Cohen, a dignified and revered singer-songwriter, who could have justifiably resented my irreverent presentations of him but instead commended and encouraged such nonsense
I have been privileged to publish Heck Of A Guy and its sister sites as one of the smaller (but still visible to the naked eye) stars in the Cohen constellation as well as promote my other interests from my love for Julie & Lady Lawanda to patient compliance to other musicians such as Allison Crowe.

It would seem that the first day of the new year calls for such acknowledgments.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Such a lovely giving back in the New Year, Allan 8) .
I remember its origin times with Anjani. Thank you to her.
We have all benefited so much ever since.
Thank heaven Robert Kory and Leonard are such cool people.
Thank you to them.
Thank you for the brilliance of your mind and your commitment to share your plethora of thoughts.

Today's relevant quote about Leonard came from a segment on NPR about the ukelele with a man who plays it and grew up in Hawaii.
He played a segment of "Hallelujah" and said that playing it is like putting on a t-shirt announcing that you love Leonard Cohen.
He added that Leonard Cohen is amazing, a mastermind, one of the great geniuses of our time.

It's wonderful having your site to give us a different and just as legitimate vehicle for appreciating Leonard and laughing.

Thank you for everything you do and we know it's A LOT!!!

Thank you to you, Wild & Crazy Dr.HGuy!!!

Hats off!!!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “News”