Dean Engelhardt Is 4th Winner Of Order Of Leonard

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
DrHGuy

Dean Engelhardt Is 4th Winner Of Order Of Leonard

Post by DrHGuy »

order-leonard-3.gif
order-leonard-3.gif (21.29 KiB) Viewed 1948 times
Dean Engelhardt Is 4th Winner Of Order Of Leonard just posted at http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/11/30/dean- ... f-leonard/
In acknowledgment of Dean Engelhardt’s great personal investment of time, money, and effort to provide photographs and written reports of unequaled detail and clarity from over a dozen concerts during the 2010 New Zealand-Australia leg of the Leonard Cohen World Tour solely for the benefit of those of us who find Leonard Cohen’s music insightful, significant, and resonant with our lives, Heck Of A Guy confers upon him the Order of Leonard Award
Andrew (Darby)

Re: Dean Engelhardt Is 4th Winner Of Order Of Leonard

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Congratulations Dean! :D

Again, this is so well deserved (for all the reasons stated) :!: Moreover, it's nice that you've made us ("down under") justifiably proud of what you've done for, not only us, but also the whole worldwide Cohenite family who could vicariously participate in these concerts via your reports. 8)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Why didn't I see this one coming? Of course! Dean's reports have been the most enjoyable reads with all their attention to detail and the bonus of taking us on a tour of Australia. Well deserved. Congratulations Dean!

Warmest regards,
Mary

(P.S. Geez, can you imagine if Dean had actually met the man in that waterfront restaurant what kind of report we would have gotten? I'm thinking - details - wow! Marsha, you probably would have gotten the answer to the question you once put to me 8) :lol: )
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
dce

Post by dce »

Wow, thanks so much DrH ... I feel very humbled by this recognition.

As I've probably mentioned previously on the forum (I certainly have to whoever met me face-to-face on the DownUnder Tour), many months back when I first set out plans to follow Leonard and the band around Aus and NZ, I guess it was pretty much motivated by a bit of a selfish desire to witness as much as I could of what could be Our Man's last visit to this part of the world. But as time went on, I got to thinking about how much more fun and satisfying it would be to try to "bring along" any forum-fans (and eventually other online-fans) as I went. The concert reports, travelogues and other stray observations that I've posted have been my attempt to allow anyone in the world to, in some small way, relive what I witnessed at these amazing series of shows. Hopefully they might also serve as a bit of a time capsule, allowing those who were at the performances -- or those who wish they were -- to remember what was unique about them. And if any of the UHTC ever stumbled across the posts or the blog ... well my hope is that what I've assembled might help them warmly remember the whole Down Under experience (well, ok, a certain tour manager might look at http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/20 ... er-sports/ and feel a little like he's being stalked ... that wasn't the intention, honest!)

Anyway ... I guess that's all just a very long-winded way of saying that for me there's a lot of satisfaction just in having written the posts and shared them with the forum ... so getting this recognition from DrH is really the icing on the cake!

Thanks again to all who I've met (and corresponded with) along the way -- it's your warmth and enthusiasm who has kept me going (well, there was copious amounts of caffeine involved as well, but nobody ever seems to mention that in acceptance speeches :-))

Dean (from Adelaide) OL :D
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Hi Dean,
A totally justified award.
Your reports have been excellent.
Congratulations,
Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
blonde madonna

Post by blonde madonna »

Well done Dean! I for one enjoyed traveling along with you from the comfort of my couch.

Btw...who were the other three?

BM
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

blonde madonna wrote:Btw...who were the other three?

BM
Hey BM, you'll find your answer here: http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/11/29/the-o ... -criteria/

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
B4real

Post by B4real »

Dean,
I hope you don't mind me posting part of my recent PM to you -
B4real wrote:Hi Dean,

You are one of a kind you know, for doing what you did. I truly hope Leonard gets to know about it. Must be some kind of record attending so many concerts in a row. :D You also have done yourself and Australia proud with your above excellent reports and photos. 8)

Bev
It's so great to know that it is now 'officially' recognized by the good DR H..........now I know that Leonard will hear about it!
australC_1xa.gif
australC_1xa.gif (8.51 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
:D 8)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

I asked Dean (dce) for a photo of himself and he was kind of shy to accede. But, eventually he came around.

...drum roll...

Dean On Beach* aka Dean (from Adelaide)

*That was the name of the photo file he sent.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

How wonderful to be able to put a face to the posts. Thank you so much Arlene for getting Dean to send you his photo (really nice picture BTW) and posting it here!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “News”