"Leonard is talking about touring again"

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Amrei

Re: "Leonard is talking about touring again"

Post by Amrei » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:04 pm

@ Video
Dear Video, I can only support what Evie wrote to you. Grab your chances while you have them. You won't know, if you get another, this thread is mainly speculation, wishful thinking and hope.
And if we really are so lucky, then be sure, you also will take your second chance, as the first concert will inevitably turn you into an addict. ;-)
I also have been a fan of Leonard Cohen for 30 years. But these last tour's concerts have a magic and a power that I never dreamt of, even though I knew all the texts and all the songs and have seen Leonard Cohen perform live in 1988 and 1993.
It's not the same and I can't explain why.
You will have to feel it and just one thing I can promise: You will not regret it.
So take your chance while you still have it!
Yours, Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Cheshire gal wrote:
LEONKA,

Can you imagine how I feel. I am just seeing Leonard for the first time at the Las Vegas Concert. :D :D

Hi Chcerise gal,

I think I know how you feel when you saw Leonard with your own eyes the first time in Las Vegas :lol: . When I was in Katowice at the concert, so I sat up in 12 Board seats, I think it was the Sector A. Although it was not near the podium, but I can feel the magnetic waves, which came from the stage. Had me if someone asked for something, so did not answer I because,my mind floated, for sky :D. The magical and exciting atmosphere, of the concert I took as much as possible take. In Katowice me the concert passed quickly.
For in Bratislava, I enjoyed it from first to last second exit from the stage of Leonard. As if,the concert lasted more than 3 1 / 2 hours. I sat in a 5 row of seats, so stage was at hand. My eyes are focused (almost) only on one point. I would like to experience again, but it's questionable whether that will happen.
I think it would tour again, so probably will not Bratislava. Because I looked at the plan states the World Tour 2008-2010, wherever Leonard had concerts. But I am not a magician. :roll:
Last edited by LEONKA on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi LIONKA,

Glad to see you understand.... :lol: :lol:

Cheshire gal
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Päivi from Finland

Post by Päivi from Finland » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:58 am

Dear Leonard and the irreplaceable band! Please come to Finland - again!!
1993: Helsinki
2008: Copenhagen, Helsinki
2009: Budapest, Barcelona
2010:Helsinki, Stuttgart
2012:Ghent 17th and 18th Aug, Helsinki, Bucharest
2013:Brussels, Berlin, Pula, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:01 am

Wonderful news, but let's not get all ageist in our comments again.
Les Paul was still performing at 93, so here's to another 17 years, at least :)

Just hoping I live long enough!
Still reliving every second of:1970 Isle of Wight, 1985 Birmingham, 2008 Manchester OH , Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham, 2009 Liverpool and ................ :o)
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:33 am

Cheshire gal wrote:
Hi LIONKA,

Glad to see you understand.... :lol: :lol:

Cheshire gal
:D
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Leonka......Your words are an echo of my heart..After more than forty years of listening to Leonard, the very first note still sends me to a fantastic place..I cannot really describe this place, but it leaves me drained and exhausted but with a heart so full of love to give to all...and In my daily life, it actually happens..I see the difference and I nod my head and say thank you to Leonard..I came late to the tour....terrible sorrow kept me buried and away from life for five years...But I found him in Florence and my world had beautiful colors again...Seeing him, made him real. He will be with us forever, in his words and music...but like everyone else, I hope he stays well and wants to color our worlds again..I am the same age as Leonard and I know how hard it is to be young in heart and mind while the body is screaming at you to slow down...He is a rare gift to us and we should be satisfied..but we are also human and we want more....I hope we all have our wishes granted....including Leonard............Jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Dear Video.....Welcome to this wonderful world created by Leonard Cohen and fueled by those who love him..I hope he tours again and you have the joy of seeing him. I welcome your thoughts and feelings.........Jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
sibeloz

Post by sibeloz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Wonderful news. As one of Leonard's fan for 30 years, I listen to his deep soulful songs almost every day. I have seen Leonard Cohen and the great band twice at the concerts in Istanbul, Turkey and Lille, France. I feel I am very lucky to live in same period with such an excellent man. Waiting for a concert in Istanbul again. Pleaseeee...
Sibel
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am

Jeanne wrote:

Hi Leonka......Your words are an echo of my heart..After more than forty years of listening to Leonard, the very first note still sends me to a fantastic place..I cannot really describe this place, but it leaves me drained and exhausted but with a heart so full of love to give to all...and In my daily life, it actually happens..I see the difference and I nod my head and say thank you to Leonard..I came late to the tour....terrible sorrow kept me buried and away from life for five years...But I found him in Florence and my world had beautiful colors again...Seeing him, made him real. He will be with us forever, in his words and music...but like everyone else, I hope he stays well and wants to color our worlds again..I am the same age as Leonard and I know how hard it is to be young in heart and mind while the body is screaming at you to slow down...He is a rare gift to us and we should be satisfied..but we are also human and we want more....I hope we all have our wishes granted....including Leonard............Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

In my mind and heart is Leonard since 1998 8) . Some of my friends say, that -I can still, listen to music from LC. So I asked them the same question, but the singer, whose are they like. They said that they listen to more singers, I replied that Leonard is one that I can listen to every day. Because, with Leonard on the three meanings, namely: songs, poems and prayer. As already regarded as musical art, it will succeed only by hardly anybody. Leonard songs have comforted, cheer up and it makes me happy in my whole life.
I feel this way and I still feel that way.

At concerts, ceased, take all the stress, and take all the positive energy that beamed to us from Leonard and band. I am happy that I live in a time when I can see the live Leonard. Leonard songs in openly thinking about love and life in different stages, it's beautiful, passionate, but especially amazingly true!
Find the connection between mind and body is a source of research what we find.I believe that here in the forum I found what makes me humble, responsive and where I can relax the mind. . 8) ;-)

***Therefore I hope in my heart and mind , to see Leonard again in concert in 2011. :( ...... ;-)
ascoli

Post by ascoli » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:42 pm

What hopeful rumors
Leonard please come home to Montreal once more.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:10 am

Leonard, please come back to Slovakia. We all love you.

LEONKA
Attachments
I love you....jpg
I love you....jpg (2.39 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 pm

Check out the World Tour news under the cancelled concert in Cambodia. Robert Kory in an email reply concerning the cancellation appears to confirm that there will be another tour after the release of the next recording.
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:07 pm

davidrichards wrote:Check out the World Tour news under the cancelled concert in Cambodia. Robert Kory in an email reply concerning the cancellation appears to confirm that there will be another tour after the release of the next recording.

Here you have his words, we still can have a hope...

"We remain committed to playing Asia; I have explored many avenues; our technical rider is a deterrent to many Asian promoters who know their business; nevertheless, Leonard plans to tour next year after the release of his new record. I will continue to try to organize a tour in Asia."
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Ireland waits.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"

Return to “News”