Time to Say Thank You

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
bridger15

Re: Time to Say Thank You

Post by bridger15 »

Thanks again, Mod Marie Mazur, for your inspiration so we could say thank you to Leonard and the band for the World Tour 2008-2010.

I just updated my LC Scrapbook with screen caps of my Thank You card to LC and my Thank You cards to the band.

http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com/

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie »

I need to express a special thanks to Pat (Grannypoe) for accepting packages from me containing the thank you cards for Leonard and the band, as well as other packages containing monkeys, violin soaps and other things before the Las Vegas concerts. She stored them for us until they found their way to their intended recipients, and for that, we are truly grateful. With the way airlines are notoriously trashing luggage these days, having Pat nearby and willing to accept so many packages from UPS, USPS and Fed Ex was a true godsend.

Pat, please forgive me for not expressing my thanks and appreciation sooner. We couldn't have done it without you and your generosity. It was great meeting you in Las Vegas.

Grace
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Wonderful messages that you wrote every one, Arlene. Thanks for sharing them with us here.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes, grannypoe/Pat ~

I thanked you earlier and want to again, as I second EVERYthing that Grace has just said. You came through with flying colours on Quality Control, as well. When Grace says we couldn't have done it without you, there couldn't be a more literal translation of that than reading, accepting, and believing every word. A special thanks for stopping to pick up the calla lily, as well, which remained fresh until the following day 8) .

It was wonderful for me to meet you in Vegas, too. I hope school / school break[?] is going well for you, too! We all managed to miss the thief of Vegas, too... whew.

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Dear Pat,

I also would like to extend my most profound thank you for accepting all those boxes (there were sooo many of them!). You made sure they arrived at your home on time and intact, and then packed them all in your vehicle and delivered them to the palace of Caesar. Having them all delivered to you made it all so much easier for all involved in these worthy projects - bless your heart for doing this!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Thank you Marie and a very Happy New Year.
You did an excellent job arranging the thank you cards for Leonard and the whole crew... :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
scubasam

Post by scubasam »

Misty Marie wrote:I need to express a special thanks to Pat (Grannypoe) for accepting packages from me containing the thank you cards for Leonard and the band, as well as other packages containing monkeys, violin soaps and other things before the Las Vegas concerts. She stored them for us until they found their way to their intended recipients, and for that, we are truly grateful. With the way airlines are notoriously trashing luggage these days, having Pat nearby and willing to accept so many packages from UPS, USPS and Fed Ex was a true godsend.

Pat, please forgive me for not expressing my thanks and appreciation sooner. We couldn't have done it without you and your generosity. It was great meeting you in Las Vegas.

Grace
Pat accepted our photo books at the last minute as well, which was a huge help to us (we would not have gotten them on time had they been shipped tot eh East Coast). You must have had a lot of boxes that you held on to, between Marie's project for the band, our project for the band/crew and Lizzy's project for the band and some of the management team. Thanks again Pat!
chrissie01

Post by chrissie01 »

Maybe everybody else has known about Alan's talent for years...but I am slow on here!..Just found this Alan, and loved it...so many verses, so many truths...something new to add to my growing bank of delicious love for Leonard, and for those who also love him.xx
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
Fabio

Post by Fabio »

Even if too late thank you to let me he chance to say goodbye again in Milan in 2009.
Hope there could be another one

Return to “News”