Trial period of Leonard's Internet Shop

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Gullivor

Re: Trial period of Leonard's Internet Shop

Postby Gullivor » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 am

I am so ready to order!

I am sure it will be a huge success!

Hurry up..."baby i'v been waiting. I been waiting night and day".
Sqezekid

Postby Sqezekid » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi,

I have just made a purchase from the internet shop, but was slightly disappointed.

I ordered two of the T shirts which were despatched on 22nd September and finally arrived today (9th October).

The price quoted was a total of $47 but I then had to pay an additional 18 USD on delivery to the UK - I have never imported a couple of T shirts before, so this was bit of a sting in the tail!

So the total came to 65 USD (or just over 40 GBP) for 2 T shirts - quite expensive, I thought.

In the past I have bought from www.leonardcohencafe.co.uk who may not have the official merchandise, but can certainly deliver quicker and more cheaply within Europe.The cotton on Vince's T shirts is also thicker - I weighed one of the T shirts from BandMerch and it weighed 155 grams compared to one of leonardcohencafe's which , for the same size, weighed 200 grams.

So an interesting purchase, but I don't think I'll be buying again.

Gill (UK)
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Sqezekid wrote:
The price quoted was a total of $47 but I then had to pay an additional 18 USD on delivery to the UK - I have never imported a couple of T shirts before, so this was bit of a sting in the tail!

So the total came to 65 USD (or just over 40 GBP) for 2 T shirts - quite expensive, I thought.

Gill (UK)
Hi Gill

UK customs duties are due on all mail order imports over £18 (theoretically excluding delivery, though they don't always adjust for this). However, by no means all parcels are checked and duties assessed so it that sense you have been a little bit unlucky. When you order, you have to weigh up how much you want official goods (I wanted a US tour T shirt as I went to several of the shows listed) and shipping cost vs potential duties. My single T shirt - cost $20 excl shipping - should be OK but you never know.

Having said all that, in my experience £20 per shirt is a pretty competitive price compared with the cost of merchandise at shows, Leonard's included, which is inflated by the charges added by the venues themselves (usually a % of sales). I think T shirts cost €30(?) at Leonard's recent European shows so it looks like you still have a bit of a bargain even though the total cost was more than you expected.

Enjoy wearing your T shirts! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive ......

Wendy
maltmom

Postby maltmom » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:42 am

I am trying to purchase a couple of tee shirts and cannot get anything to activate. Does anyone know if the site is down? Thanks. Also there are no accessories to be had; just tee shirts.
'
Lorraine
NYC-MSG – 2012, Las Vegas -2010, MSG - 2009, Philadelphia - 2009, Philadelphia – 1993, Philadelphia – 1988, Philadelphia – 1985, Philadelphia-Main Point - 1975
MarieM

Postby MarieM » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:35 am

Lorraine, I think you have to set up an account with them first. Did you do that? The site is currently in its evaluation stage and if they are happy with it, more items will be added.
Marie
Speaking Cohen

http://www.speakingcohen.com
confetti

Postby confetti » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:46 pm

According to Band Merch's own web site, Leonard is using eco and soicially responsible products for his garments this will inevetiably lead them to be more expensive than the norm. However saying that, £20 is not expensive for an official band t shirt.

I used to have a shop selling official band gear and the average price of a tshirt would have been £18, many were £35. A heavy t shirt is not necessarily a sign of quality, I also used to print t shirts and one of the best quality t shirts I used felt thinner than the rest but it washed beautifully, and never went out of shape, whereas some of the heavier ones looked pretty bad after about 10 washes.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"

Return to “News”