Trial period of Leonard's Internet Shop

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Trial period of Leonard's Internet Shop

Postby jarkko » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:27 pm

The Internet shop for all LC tour merchandise will open in the near future.
You will find it at http://store.bandmerch.com/cgi-bin/live ... 00045=cata
It is in a bit of a trial period right now, and for the time being you'll find only a first selection of T shirts and the Mercy Cup mug.
We will let you know when all the products are available.
You may also subscribe to a product newsletter.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Puddingdale

Re: Trial period of Leonard's Internet Shop

Postby Puddingdale » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Yeeeesssssss! :D
Thanks so much, jarkko, for the information!
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:02 am

Thanks Jarkko,

I just registered for their newsletter. :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
remote1

Postby remote1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:40 am

I'm worried about the cup; will I get the darkness if I drink from it? :?
"We are so lightly here"
Patrycja

Postby Patrycja » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:30 am

Oh wow! This is fantastic. Thanks, Jarkko.

Once you register for the newsletter it seems to let you order. (Nothing happened when I clicked on any of the items prior to registering, but maybe there's something awry on my end?) Anyway, it says something about a promo code when purchasing. Is this something we can get in on?
Will... If It Be Your Will
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 am

I must say that I find the T-Shirts sold on the recent tour somewhat (let's say) "less tasteful" than the excellent T-Shirts and polo shirts sold on the "I'm Your Man" and "Future" tours. The "Afterall" shirt is pretty good, though!
sturgess66

Postby sturgess66 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 am

remote1 wrote:I'm worried about the cup; will I get the darkness if I drink from it? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A.Sukitu

Postby A.Sukitu » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Yay!!!

Thank you and thank you. My cup runneth over ......

Wonderful news.
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
Puddingdale

Postby Puddingdale » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:30 pm

remote1 wrote:I'm worried about the cup; will I get the darkness if I drink from it?
I say just drink it up! :lol:
lightasabreeze

Postby lightasabreeze » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks, will look forward to the future
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
TipperaryAnn

Postby TipperaryAnn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks, Jarkko, good to see this. Has Anyone succeeded in buying anything yet , though ? Doesn't seem to want to sell ! Some clarification required re. log in necessary, promo code, currency conversion?
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Dear remote1 ~

Full Disclosure on the exquisite cup, which the attendees were given at the Berlin[?] Event, though it seems like it was the New York Event . In any case, its beauty is unparalleled.

At the concert in Tampa, my very classy woman friend bought one to drink from, as she collects mugs to drink from when she stays in hotel rooms. She was ONLY MILDLY disappointed when she read the sticker placed on the bottom of the mug, which says:

"Warning: The materials used as colored decorations on this exterior of this product contains lead and/or cadmium chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm."

To the left of that in larger letter in an orange/white 'logo' it says "PROP 65" and the left of that up its side, it has "California" in smaller, black print ~ which suggests to me that this labeling was a proposition up for a vote [must have passed].

Even so, as I said, she was ONLY MILDLY disappointed when she decided she probably wouldn't drink from it and was thrilled to always have it for display. For me, I'm thrilled to now have a matching pair for display. In my life, that means the likelihood of its being forever with me has increased a hundredfold, as I don't need to worry about dropping it nearly so much as I would with regular use. As I put my lips to it, I don't find that they touch the beginning of the coloured parts, which is Leonard's first name, so my lips and the hot coffee won't touch, either. I've never been concerned with drinking from a gold rim; however, my lips touch a bit of the blue. The inside is perfectly normal, as with any other drinking mug. So, for very special occasions, I am still very likely to find myself using it for drinking. Personal choice.

There are a NUMBER of the t-shirts I want! I need to get my collection together here to see which ones I actually bought, after struggling over which ones to buy! I tend not to wear them for fear of wrecking them, but with the store here, I can ease into doing that with much greater ease! I'm thrilled to see it here... and I hope that the trial period becomes permanent and that someone will continue to replenish the supplies 8) . For those who have never been to one of Leonard's concerts or those who have but couldn't afford to do both, attend AND buy merch. And for those like me who bought, but wanted much more [budget demands prevented it], this is a Godsend!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
remote1

Postby remote1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:18 pm

lizzytysh wrote:Dear remote1 ~

Full Disclosure on the exquisite cup, which the attendees were given at the Berlin[?] Event, though it seems like it was the New York Event . In any case, its beauty is unparalleled.

At the concert in Tampa, my very classy woman friend bought one to drink from, as she collects mugs to drink from when she stays in hotel rooms. She was ONLY MILDLY disappointed when she read the sticker placed on the bottom of the mug, which says:

"Warning: The materials used as colored decorations on this exterior of this product contains lead and/or cadmium chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[I think I've got enough kids as it is anyway! ;-) ]
"We are so lightly here"
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:31 pm

remote1...You mean, you take the words of "The Future" literally!
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:51 pm

:lol: Yes, I know what you mean, John. I thought I'd maybe mention that it wasn't an issue for me, either [except for some it still is], and with cadmium, I figured anything potent enough to affect childbearing just might be enough to do other stuff, as well. So, just a courtesy... word to the wise... buyer beware... and all that jazz :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “News”