Time for Another Leonard Radio Special !

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
bridger15

Re: Time for Another Leonard Radio Special !

Post by bridger15 »

phillip wrote:Anyone got a list of what songs were played?
My goodness, you are an eager and greedy one :D . Three hours of songs and recitations! If you email Bob R, perhaps he could send you a list in a flash.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
phillip

Post by phillip »

bridger15 wrote:
phillip wrote:Anyone got a list of what songs were played?
My goodness, you are an eager and greedy one :D . Three hours of songs and recitations! If you email Bob R, perhaps he could send you a list in a flash.
---Arlene
lol ive already sebt fior the cd but being the greedy LC fan that I am I can't wait lol!
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

phillip wrote:ive already sebt fior the cd but being the greedy LC fan that I am I can't wait!
Yes, that was already established. To clarify, I meant ask him now for his LIST and he might be able to email you back with it in a FLASH and satisfy your need for instant gratification. :D (I know the feeling. lol )
---Arlene

Inge

Post by Inge »

bridger15 wrote:
phillip wrote:can anyone record the show for me as i have no means of doing it myself, I would be happy to reimburse any cost
Inge wrote: I wish I could have a recording from the show.
I would suggest emailing Bob R - info at the top of this thread.
Last time, when I enquired, the station manager suggested a nominal donation to the non profit radio station to cover costs. They mailed me three CD's, one hour each. It was well worth it.

Tonight's program was really great. And if you listen closely from 2:12:27 through 2:19:05 you will hear a familiar name mentioned. :D
---Arlene

EDIT: Just noticed, both of you are from arcoss the pond. Try emailing them anyway and see what happens. If they can't ship it overseas because of international gobbledygoop, let me know and I will see what I can do for you from this end.
Arlene
Thank you for your information.
Bob R. has sent me a PM with an email adress from the station manager to ask for a copy of the show.
That donation is a good idea to cover the costs.
If things don't work out because of that international "gobbledygoop" (funny word, I didn't know that), I would appreciate your help.
What a good show, wasn't it? Three hours of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry on the radio. I wish someone did that in Holland.
Inge
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Inge wrote:If things don't work out because of that international "gobbledygoop" (funny word, I didn't know that), I would appreciate your help.
I apologize for using jargon, a made up word, we use over here to represent complicated language difficult to understand. What I was trying to say was, if any international rules and regulations interfere with the station sending you anything directly, please let me know.
---Arlene

Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

It was a great program of songs, I had sent in a request for 'To Love Somebody' as Bob had said he wanted some songs that people may not have heard before. Anyway he played the request and I am also going to request the cd's from the radio station. I hope he does it next year too. A great way to get new people into the L.C. fold.

Marie
Cheshire gal
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
phillip

Post by phillip »

it was an awesome show got my cd's yesterday it was great:)
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!

Return to “News”