What to do with the Politics?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Mabeanie1

Re: What to do with the Politics?

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Roy wrote:I noticed that only forum members can see the Politics section. If you are not logged in, it does not show on the Board Index. That takes care of it!
Good idea Roy but, unfortunately, you can't see New Posts either if you're not logged on.

Wendy
Jimmy O'Connell

Post by Jimmy O'Connell »

Obviously, the answer is:
bring back the politics section....
I mean come on, lads and lassies....
Freedom of speech. The freedom to express many and diverse and stupid ideas thoughts and reflections that have some pertaining to the body politic, the commonweal, the social, the civic, the relation and connection to our fellow human beings. The forum is a forum of a community of Lennie Lovers who are many and diverse and who have ideas, feelings, and want to find outlets to express these ideas...

Okay... someone called someone else an asshole.... I was called an asshole.... What did I do?
What does anyone do where any are gathered onto one another and have opinions? One calls the one who called one an asshole an asshole x2 and offer him a beer, or a cuppa tay and laugh it off and get on with wondering (in ones quieter and secret moments) well, maybe heeshee is right....maybe I am an asshole.... Or come to yet another conclusion.. hell heeeshee is in fact an asshole... so there... so put that in your pipe and smoke it, lad....

Okay the antisemitic thing......
Okay I am not Jewish. I am Irish jewish, does that count? An Irishjewish loves his Ma, loves the piece of sod from whence he sprang, gets drunk on God, theology, hates any institition that tells him that he is not allowed to have an idea or behave in a way which he thinks is morally right and makes him okay with the Man Above.. Yahweh, El Saddai, or She Who Must Be Obeyed... SWMBO.... loosely pronounced 'swembo'... we Irishjewish are always creating new Gods... sound familiar...

Now Israelis at the moment are not my flavour of the month but then Israelis are not really jewish... they claim jewishness... so that they can claim to be hurt and insulted all the time... Real Jews are like the Irish... as above... that is, they can take a joke, know when someone is messin' (Irish for taking the mickey, which is Irish for pulling ones leg).

Sorry if I am wrong here, correct me if I am an asshole... but it is no coincidence, as far as I can ascertain, that the Politics Section was unplugged because of too much antisemitism...
Forgive me my naivete, but I did not read much antisemitism, what I read was anti-Israeliism... that is not anti-semitism... except for people who just love to feel insulted...
It reminds me of a friend of mine who shall remain nameless who just loved to feel insulted all the time. She was from Cork,that's County Cork, Ireland... The people of county Cork are what we call contrary... pronounced con-tray-ree... they have this idea that Cork is an indpendent state within the Republic of Ireland... anytime we would make fun of Cork, and say stuff like: Aruuu from Cork, boy... I am arruu... She gets all huffy and says we're jealous... and on it goes.... but we still end up drinking a Guinness or a cuppa tay...Barry's... from Cork... best tea in the world by the way...

Bring back the Politics section... it's a hoot and a riot and should not be taken too seriously... seriously...
Oh bless the continuous stutter
of the word being made into flesh
-The Window-
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Jimmy O'Connell wrote:... but it is no coincidence, as far as I can ascertain, that the Politics Section was unplugged because of too much antisemitism...

Bring back the Politics section... it's a hoot and a riot and should not be taken too seriously... seriously...
No need to bring it back Jimmy - it's still there, which is why there has been long succession of postings to it this week.

I'm all for freedom of speech but that does not mean the freedom to say anything, any time, anywhere. I'm sure there is a more appropriate place out there for the main protagonists to vent their feelings and express their rights to freedom of speech. I know I wouldn't go to a Leonard Cohen forum to know what people thought of this week's events.

Wendy
Jimmy O'Connell

Post by Jimmy O'Connell »

Ah, now I have it....

You have to register before you can get the Politics section. Before I used to get straight onto it without registering....
What is all the cloak and dagger stuff about....????

Oh yeah, politics... compromise... don't let the whole world know what's really going on in Lennie's forum... only those who have registered are allowed to visit the secret chamber of dirty linen... horrors.... OMG!!!

Ah lads and lassies... come on... seriously...
Oh bless the continuous stutter
of the word being made into flesh
-The Window-
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I've shared my opinions previously. Keep Politics where it is...allow those who wish to participate to do so. Everyone who goes to "new posts" just needs to watch where they are...and avoid the territory. It really is not difficult.
surrender

Post by surrender »

Maybe not always spiritually uplifting, but the politics has got its own section and that's the place where it belongs.
A parallel between muddy water and calming the mind came across my mind (buddhist teaching):
The water goes clear itself and in its own time. If you try to intervene, to hurry it you 'll stir up the mud again.....
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)

Return to “News”