Happy New Year

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
vern.silver

Re: Happy New Year

Post by vern.silver »

For those who don't check out the poetry section, here is my own best wishes for the New Year:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20535

Vern
"Clarence said a striking thing about rowing that I've always valued ... that he liked rowing because you were approaching life backward. You could clearly see the past, and you glanced quickly at the future over your shoulder.' Jim Harrison.
Clem

Post by Clem »

Have a great two thousand and ten, sorry, twenty ten, everyone!
pegasus4

Post by pegasus4 »

Belated Happy New year to all LC fans.Best wishes.
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

As we enter this New Year I wish for peace,happiness and lasting love for all ...
Thank You,
jarkko for all that you do to bring us together so we can gather as a community and express our love and admiration for Leonard. This forum has crossed oceans and brought together people from all over the world. This is a beautiful journey for all of us... many blessing to all...
donalagata
Last edited by donalagata on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

Best wishes for the new year to all the Forum members.
Special thanks to Jarkko and all the moderators for their great work on this wonderful forum. It has been such a pleasure to meet fellow Cohen fans in so many places, and then to be able to keep in touch. Barcelona was the most special for me, and I will always treasure it as a very special memory.
I have tickets for Zagreb, so it's looking good for 2010 ! Hope to meet up with some of you guys on the 2010 tour. :)
Marianne09
2008 - Edinburgh; Cardiff; Manchester.
2009 - Liverpool, July 14th; Dublin July 19,20,21st; Belfast July 26th; Barcelona - Sep 21st
2010 - 31st July & 1st August, Sligo ; 21st September, Marseilles; 10th, 11th December, Las Vegas
2012 - 12th; 14th September, Dublin.
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Happy New Year Jarkko, Eija & all the forum members! We hope that the new year treats you well. Many of you have included beautiful pictures-thank you for that.

Love,

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
TineDoes

Post by TineDoes »

Happy New Year to you Jarkko and Eija. Thank you, Jarkko, Maarten and all the other moderators for your great work in keeping us informed on this wonderful forum. Have visited you often in 2009 en will do so in 2010.
Happy New Year also to all my fellow Leonard Cohen fans. Hope to meet some of you in Lille.
"There’s no forsaking what you love ...."

Rotterdam 2008; Antwerpen, Dublin 2009; Gent 2x, Lille , Las Vegas 2x 2010, Gent, Amsterdam, Dublin 2x 2012, Antwerp, Berlin, Rotterdam 2013
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Dear !
Happy New Year !
I send greetings from the sea...
Happy New Year !
Happy New Year !
I wish everyone health and happiness.
jeremek
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
linmag

Post by linmag »

Thanks for the lovely picture, Jarkko. Happy New Year to you and Eija, and to all Cohenites wherever they may be but most especially to the members here, who make this such a rewarding place to be.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

a healthy and sunny new year for everybody, i just found this maybe it´s not new....
3605osnugeuadn1261581721.jpg
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Nollaig na mBan greetings from Dublin, Ireland

6th January in Ireland is traditionally Little Women's Christmas - Nollaig na mBan. It also marks the end of the Christmas period.
As we embark on a new year I extend my gratitude to Jarkko and Eija for the gift of this forum. To all the wonderful Leonard Cohen fans I met last year thank you for your friendship, warmth and hospitality. I had the time of my life in 2009 thanks to this forum and the extraordinary people I met along the way.

To Leonard, the band and crew. May the road rise to meet you and may the sun be on your back wherever that road takes you.

Music changes lives and Leonard Cohen's music changed mine.

With a song in my heart, with love & friendship.

Paula
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

All Irish fans would echo your sentiments Paula. And let us continue to hope for a return visit.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
Sasha K

Post by Sasha K »

Stunning photo, Jarkko and Eija - you deserve a beautiful home ! I hope there will be more concerts in Finland !

Thanks so much, Jarkko , Eija and moderators, for the gift of this Forum - always nourishing, always a haven.

May the New Year bring good health, happiness, and wonderful surprises to you, Leonard, and all Cohenites everywhere.

May the tour go on !!! I join with Lizzy and Mutti in hoping that we all see Leonard at least one more time...and from great seats !

Love and Peace

Sasha K
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

happy new year to everyone. britain is now entering a new ice age which should provide plenty of opportunity to construct leonard snowmen for those with creative ability.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=pho ... 4242711861

[photo above by natalie as submitted to london local radio station LBC ]
------------------
anyone care to guess/know the name of the artist responsible for this first snow pic?

DON'T CLICK UNTIL YOU'RE READY FOR THE ARTIST TO BE REVEALED
Patrycja

Post by Patrycja »

We rented a cottage for a few days (including New Year's) and these were taken on a walkabout. Here's to new turns in the road for everyone. Cheers!

Will... If It Be Your Will

Return to “News”