QUIZ: where is the last concert of the tour?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Padma

Re: QUIZ: where is the last concert of the tour?

Post by Padma »

I'm pitching for Mumbai!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Another string to your bow you play cricket Padma :lol:
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

If he's heading east, then why not Tokyo (after Mumbai)?
Diane

Post by Diane »

Paula, that's the funniest line I've heard all day!:-)
dick

Post by dick »

I'll guess Nashville. He hasn't played there yet, he spent some time living there, and it would be a great site for music fans to celebrate.

San Francisco and New York would also meet my models, but they have already been guessed.

Good thread Jarkko!
Darling

Post by Darling »

Well, Montreal has already been said and you already told us in another thread that it's not there, so I'll say Fredericton (without much hope) because it would be nice to end it where it started...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I wish I could say somewhere in the UK for the sake of my credit card but realistically, I think it will be in North America. I'm thinking Canada, rather than the US. Like so many others, I would have said Montreal but that's already been ruled out. I would like to say Fredericton or Halifax, where the 2008/09 tour started but those venues would be much to small for a final concert. So I'm going to go for Toronto which missed out in the recent tour. Rats!! I've just spotted that Marsha has already gone for Toronto so I'm going to go for Halifax, more in hope than any expectation!

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

PS Jarkko

Maybe we should have a second quiz on when the last concert is going to be?? I'm desperately hanging on to a couple of days' holiday (and my sanity ....) for a final short trip to wherever.

Wendy
honey604

Post by honey604 »

OK, my first instincts were for Montreal and New York City, but since those have already been taken, I'll go with Washington, DC. Just a guess, but, why not?
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I'm still rooting for several concerts in Montreal. If enough of us wish it to be so, then maybe it will happen!

Mary
Last edited by Mollydog on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
EuchridEucrow

Post by EuchridEucrow »

Tel Aviv.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Hmmm, I suppose an acoustical set in my backyard is out of the question, so I'll do some wishful thinking and hope for Salt Lake City - the city easiest to fly into from Spokane with hubby, toddler and newborn in tow! Doesn't seem likely, but a girl can dream, can't she? ;-)
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Nice strategy, Jarkko. This is one way to get us all off your back. Okay, I'll play.

I will guess LAS VEGAS. It is a popular destination city for the whole world. Given the present economy, there are plenty of available hotel rooms at bargain rates. Only a one hour flight from Los Angeles. And many direct flights from New York and other major North American cities to facilitate fans expected to travel from all hemispheres.

EDIT
Wendy/Mabeanie1 started me thinking when she wrote,
"I'm going to go for Toronto which missed out in the recent tour."

My reaction was, perhaps they did not "miss" Toronto because of a lack of an available venue. Perhaps they were saving Toronto for the final stop of the tour. Leonard's concerts in June, 2008 were at the SONY Centre. The theatre closed for major renovations just days after the concert. SONY is scheduled to reopen this Fall. SONY distributes the London DVD/CD. If Toronto is his last concert on the tour and at the SONY Centre, then "SONY" will be on eveybody's lips, world wide. Just like the BEACON was. What great free publicity for SONY.
Last edited by bridger15 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Since you asked: “Where IS the last concert of the tour?” the answer is simple – BARCELONA, September 21, 2009 (Leo’s 75th birthday), because Tel Aviv and Ramallah is still not confirmed. If you ask: Where might be the last concert of the tour? I would say: MONTREAL!!!!!

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
pkak

Post by pkak »

The right place to finish should be in Jerusalem but i guess it will be in NYC.
Amsterdam - 07/2008 | There ain't no cure for love

Return to “News”