A Very Important Announcement # 2 Coming

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
MarieM

Re: A Very Important Announcement # 2 Coming

Post by MarieM »

I wonder if you could tell us whether it is important that we have computer access on the actual day of the announcement (Friday, Feb 20). Assuming that the announcement may require some action on our part, will it be OK if we only read the announcement on the weekend? Thanks for any advice that you may be able to provide.
No worries. Computer access will NOT be necessary on the 20th, other than to read the announcement of course.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

I had this dream:
The announcement will be that Cohen will do a special concert at my place. Afterwards me and sharon and the webb sisters will have tea as we sit naked on the carpet in front of the fireplace.
Its all about hope!

Peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
jglBB

Post by jglBB »

I know that english is not my natural language but it is the first time I see the word "hope" used as a synonym for "fantasy". :D
VladN

Post by VladN »

Because of this posting, last night I dreamt of just hanging out with LC. Nothing major, just chilling, talking about his songs and life in general.
This special announcement is coming up 2h after my bed time so my work Friday's gonna get it bad ;-)
dyanowsk

Post by dyanowsk »

Could someone please tell me the time zone in which the important announcement will be made?
Will it 12:01 a.m. GMT time?
Will it be 12:01 Eastern Standard Time:?:
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi dyanowsk,

The announcement will be made at 12:01 AM, Eastern Standard Time, just after midnight on the US east coast. So, depending on where you are, that will either be mid-evening on the west coast or almost the start of day in Europe and the UK. Tickets won't be going on sale right then. It will just be the announcement of the US/Western Canada tour. Hah, at least that's what 99% of us think it will be....wouldn't we be surprised ;-)

All the best,
Diana
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

Jarkko, in light of the all the comments about the problems getting good tickets from Ticketmaster (seems like they would rather sell their best tickets thru scalpers), do you have any suggestions on how loyal members of this forum can be sure to get good tickets once they go on sale :?:
Ron
swan13

Post by swan13 »

Jarrko

Just checking, do you mean 12.01pm i.e 1 minute past noon on Friday or 00.01am i.e.1 minute past midnight Thursday which is off course Friday? :?
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

swan13 wrote:Jarrko Just checking, do you mean 12.01pm i.e 1 minute past noon on Friday or 00.01am i.e.1 minute past midnight Thursday which is off course Friday? :?
Good grief! If Jarkko says 12.01am EST, that is what he means... 0001 EST 20 February
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
loulou

Post by loulou »

I am thinking that this could be quite a big one - such as new tour AND new album with new songs :D

with the press (as well as the fans) there on the 19th, and Jarkko's turn of phraise, it just think it could be a big as this !

just my 2pence worth
desire the horse
depression the cart
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

12.01 am = one minute past midnight, the night between Thursday and Friday. In Europe it will be early Friday morning - 5 in UK, 6 in Central Europe and 7 back home in Finland.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
drsing

Post by drsing »

thanks Jarkko, that's clear :!: , it means 6 o'clock for me (in the Netherlands). :roll:
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Tinkie

Post by Tinkie »

jarkko wrote:12.01 am = one minute past midnight, the night between Thursday and Friday. In Europe it will be early Friday morning - 5 in UK, 6 in Central Europe and 7 back home in Finland.
Dear Jarkko,
I got it too....:-)
Hope the announcement will not be that Leonard was present at the VIP reception before the concert on Thursday because if it was, I would probably have to kill Mr Ticketmaster who made it impossible for me to get tickets back in January....
Desperately waiting for good news ...and wondering how you are going to hold scalpers away this time ...
Enjoy Thursday night Jarkko, hope you will meet lots of nice forum members and looking forward to reading 1) your special announcement 2) your report on Thursday's concert.
Tinkie
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Hi everyone,

I am really enjoying reading all of the speculation . . .

I'm hoping announcement of Western Canada/US tour! We are getting deliriously excited out West.

I am sick in bed with a nasty cold and the weather outside is sunny and bright. And our daffodils are sprouting from the ground! But, I can't enjoy the weather (sigh).

Anyway, I hope everyone is better than I am.

Cheers,

Natalie :roll:
victhpooh

Post by victhpooh »

Well, I have been away (key west, south beach) and missed some activity on the Website.

I'm so excited for this concert!!!

I have a book that someone was giving out right before I saw Leonard at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium in 1972 or maybe even 1971.... I was hoping to show it to him for a laugh. Its quite a funny weird book. Inside I wrote down all of the songs he sang!

I agree with all of you about the Ticketmaster problem; a very good friend was unable to get tickets and I felt badly for him. Like all of you, I didn't give him the code, but its obvious that somehow the bad guys got tickets anyway.

I have a suggestion: What about individual codes based on the number of tickets preordered? It would be bulky, but at least fair.

Anyway, the most important thing is to THANK JARKKO for making this wonderful event possible for us.
See you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Vic
there is a crack in everything........that's how the light gets in............

Return to “News”