Lenny Message to fans on youtube...

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Actually

Re: Lenny Message to fans on youtube...

Post by Actually »

On DVD? Wow, in Germany it's almost impossible to find the documentaries... :roll:
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Amazon. It's the best way. And saves the legwork ;-)
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
Actually

Post by Actually »

Are there also the other documentaries available? Something inside of me is forcing me to see them...
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Are you sure it's not just indigestion? :lol:

There are quite a few. Just Check under Leonard Cohen in the DVD section and all will be revealed.

I have a really interesting DVD about the Tibetan Book of the Dead, in which Leonard provides narration.

They're all on amazon.
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
Cate

Post by Cate »

Here's a plug for our National Film Board.

http://www2.nfb.ca/boutique/XXNFBibeCCt ... upport=DVD

The only thing is I think International customers have to phone to get their orders.

------

I just realized the link doesn't take you directly to the page I thought it did.
The D.V.D. Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. Leonard Cohen is on sale for the month of January for $9.95.
Last edited by Cate on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pope

Post by Pope »

That u tube thing is so funny. I been painting shutters all morning and this was just what I needed.
glyn
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

I don't understand, why you feel like writing to this topic.
And I don't have a sense of humour. Apparently. This video clip is stupid for me. And primitive photomontage.

Jarkko , why won't you report misappropriation ?

I am shy for authors :oops:
(...and perhaps something with me is not this way ? )

ehh
j.
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Lighten up jeremek. Ever heard of freedom of speach?

In any case, it is just a bit of harmless fun.

Thankfully, Jarkko has got a sense of humour, and hopefully he got a bit of a giggle

from this also. I think we could all benifit from a bit of good humour in this current world climate.

All the best,

E.
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

HI E.

I thank for your opinion :)

"Freedom of speach" - ok , somebody already wrote about it to me (on the forum - at other circumstances ).
I have nothing against the freedom of speech . I am not saying, that it badly But it is an most often used argument .This argument allows not to put borders ...then we are losing the good taste.

What a pity !

I am greeting
jeremek
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

When freedom of speech becomes a tool for being offensive then the moderaters should,

quite rightly step in. This tread has an obviously humorous tone, and is not offensive.

I'm sure if Leonard were to grace this thread with his presence, he would have a good laugh

along with the rest of us. If it is not to your liking, then tune out. You should be clear about

what you find offensive Vs what you just don't find funny. If it's not funny to you then don't laugh

and stop reading. Don't call on the moderaters to censure the content just because it does not

appeal to you.

all the best,

Eric.
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Ah... that is a delicate subject , subtle differences and each of us is different.

You know, it really is funny is that : I do not like just this clip. You do not like my opinion.

???
Do you think your reaction is not to limit freedom of expression ?

;-) ;-) ;-)

j.
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

jeremek wrote:... : I do not like just this clip. You do not like my opinion.

???
Do you think your reaction is not to limit freedom of expression ?

;-) ;-) ;-)

j.
Thought you might say that. I have no problem with your opinion. I just have a problem with you trying to

restrict, through censurship, my access to the content of this thread by invoking the power of the moderators, based soley on

the fact that you don't like this clip. Not due to the fact that it is offensive, which it clearly is not. Express yourself as you see fit.

Just don't allow your opinions, or personal taste, to interfere with that of others. We all have opinions, but when we try to force our own

opinions on others well, there's a whole different game going on there.

All the best,

Eric.
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Dear Eryk , are you the author of this clip ?
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

jeremek wrote:I have nothing against the freedom of speech . I am not saying, that it badly But it is an most often used argument .This argument allows not to put borders ...then we are losing the good taste.
This is a very very dangerous argument, for if free speech is to be curtailed by limits or borders, who is to determine those borders? Who is to determine (inflict on us) exactly what is and is not in good taste?

I think the YouTube parody is in bad taste, poorly executed and is utterly cringeworthy. I hate it. But I don't deny it the right to exist, nor the right of people on this forum to discuss it. Paraphrasing Voltaire: "I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it."
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Thank You
Clever and accurate summary. You understood me.
Opposition towards for existing for some reason it is something else. Expressing its bad taste that's completely different.

The only really wonder why it is that we advertise and promote each other such bad links just on this ( our ) forums ? Whether is it appropriate ? But... it is surely a subject for long and not ended the discussion. I would certainly come back again to the question of freedom.
What do you think ?

I thank :) jeremek

Return to “News”