Leonard Cohen: Everybody Knows - Nov. 9 on CBC at 9pm EST

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Darling

Re:

Post by Darling » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Natalie wrote:Darling,

Parlez-vous le francais?

Whereabouts are you in Quebec? I hear that Quebec City is quite lovely. I was in Montreal in May 2000, and I fell in love with the city. I have a lot of friends who have moved out East. I have a friend who is living in Montreal now, friends in Toronto and a friend who lives in a small town near Sudbury.
Oui, je parle français. I live about 5 1/2 hours north east from Montreal on the St-Laurent river. Let me tell you it's frickin' cold today with that wind blowing from the north and we're only in November :roll: . I have lived a couple of years in BC, mostly in the Hope area, a long time ago. It's without contest the most beautiful province of Canada.

Quebec city is pretty I guess, but in the Montreal/Québec rivalry, I'm definitely on the Montreal side.
You really think he'll come out here?
Well, here's what Roscoe Beck had to say:
Just because we still have dates – we’re in Europe until December 1, we’ll break for Christmas, then I think we’re going to Hawaii, New Zealand, Australia and the Far East, after that will be the US and Western Canada, so there’s at least that much touring before we can start on a record.
Interviews with the band and crew members (Uncut online)

A US and Western Canada leg of the tour has also been mentioned in other places on this forum.

Even though no dates have been confirmed yet, I hope this makes your day! :D
Natalie

Re: Leonard Cohen: Everybody Knows - Nov. 9 on CBC at 9pm EST

Post by Natalie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Well, this makes me very happy. I am not counting my chickens before they hatch, so to speak, so I will wait with guarded anticipation.

Anyway, my guitar is calling me, so I must go. I wrote a song about my baby and he loves it when I play it to him.

Best,

Natalie :roll:

Return to “News”