Dublin 2008 question?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
phillip

Dublin 2008 question?

Post by phillip »

was wondering if you had any idea what happened on this video I'll send you the link its Leonard cohen at Dublin 14 June 2008 singing Hallelujah when the video gets to 21 seconds something seems to startle him and he carries on singing, do you know or have any idea what it could of been?

here is the you tube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfvMJ4Thaw

phillip
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
remote1

Re: Dublin 2008 question?

Post by remote1 »

I see what you mean! I'd like to know too! It almost looks as if he suddenly realises that he can't remember the next verse and spends a while thinking about it until it all comes back! But that's probably not it.

Hope someone else knows! :)
"We are so lightly here"
phillip

Post by phillip »

yeah anyone at the Dublin concert know the answer anyone!!!!! :?:
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

It looks like one of his false teeth came loose and he was a bit shocked by this... :oops:
(luckely he didn't spit it out!)

... or not ...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Maarten wrote:It looks like one of his false teeth came loose and he was a bit shocked by this... :oops:
(luckely he didn't spit it out!)

... or not ...

Maarten
Do you think he was actually swallowing it? No wonder it took a while before he started singing again! :lol:
"We are so lightly here"
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

phillip wrote:was wondering if you had any idea what happened on this video I'll send you the link its Leonard cohen at Dublin 14 June 2008 singing Hallelujah when the video gets to 21 seconds something seems to startle him and he carries on singing, do you know or have any idea what it could of been?

here is the you tube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfvMJ4Thaw

phillip
Here you go - from Saturday's Globe and Mail, April 10, 2009 - an article by Simon Houpt entitled Coffee and Candour With Cohen :D

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/art ... cle973689/
Cohen likes to feel the mood in a room and react, in a process he says is almost spiritual. Which is why, as his music director and bassist Roscoe Beck explained a couple of hours before the show, Cohen tries to leave himself open to momentary whims onstage. "It's heads-up at all times," said Beck, who has played with Cohen since 1979 and put together the band for the current tour. "We may land on a chord and he just may feel that it's not time to come in singing yet, just emotionally it's a nice moment, and he'll decide to extend that moment another bar. We have to be ready for that, we have to be ready for anything. A lyric change, an added bar, a different song."

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”