Montreal Dinner At Jack's on 23rd - prior to show

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lazariuk

Montreal Dinner At Jack's on 23rd - prior to show

Post by lazariuk »

I live in Montreal and have a place on Sherbrooke Street which is very central and easy to get to. Prior to the concert on the 23rd I would like to have folks over for a small dinner and drinks around 5:30 pm. A number of very fine people from the forum will be present and since the dinner is very informal I will be able to accommodate as many others who wish to come. Some kind of response will be appreciated so that i know how many pizzas to make, or something else - I am a very good cook.

As for after the show I would like to make another suggestion for the 23rd. The place is the Jello Bar which is in walking distance of both the show and the holiday Inn hotel.
you can see what it looks like at http://www.jellobar.com/
A short walk from the show.

A PM or an email to jlazariuk@gmail.com will get you my address.
If my company is not enough to get your interest, I can do some name dropping.

Jack
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
Manna

Re: Montreal Dinner At Jack's on 23rd - prior to show

Post by Manna »

Count me in! I'll make dessert!!
- prob some kind of trifle.
Cate

Post by Cate »

Count me in for dinner too, plus a friend - I'm not a good cook, but I make an excellent su chief. I can help with chopping, grating, making salad etc.

Cate
Manna

Post by Manna »

Cate wrote:Count me in for dinner too, plus a friend - I'm not a good cook, but I make an excellent su chief. I can help with chopping, grating, making salad etc.

Cate
Hooray! Looking forward to meeting you.
Cate

Post by Cate »

Manna wrote: Hooray! Looking forward to meeting you.
I'm looking forward to meeting you too!

See you in a few days,

Cate
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

Cate wrote:
Manna wrote: Hooray! Looking forward to meeting you.
I'm looking forward to meeting you too!
See you in a few days,
Cate
Did I do this invitation too late?
I was expecting hundreds of responses. Manna and Lizzy are arriving here today to start the cooking so don't be shy and tell me that you are all coming for dinner.

Jack
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
pah811

Post by pah811 »

Thanks for the generous invite! I hope to make it into Montreal with enought time... I'll do my best!

If not, please keep us posted as to after concert venue: Holiday Inn or Jello Bar.

Regards,
Pamela
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Everyone ~

http://www.jellobar.com/

I'm going to Jack's and will be making the salad.

He lives at 2585 Sherbrooke Street East [Bus #24] and it stops right in front of his place.

Afterward, we'll be going to the Jello Bar [instructions above].

Please just note here or PM to let us know regarding dinner, so we can be sure you're in the head count. I've tasted his homemade spaghetti sauce and hummus and they're both to live and die for... please join us.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hello Montreal gang - I wish you all a great time together which includes a good mix of drinks and drugs and droll stories.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Dream Warrior

Post by Dream Warrior »

This a very kind offer, Jack, and thank you for extending it to those of us on the Forum. Hopefully 300 people won't invade your place! LOL. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it, but may try and join you after the show at Jello, depending on how tired we are after traveling to Montreal.

We are going to see him Tuesday night and, verily, the anticipation is intensifying! To all of those of you attending dinner at Jack's, have a wonderful time and a sublime evening with Leonard Cohen.

Liam
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Hi Jack!

Thank you so much for hosting us at your place last night, and for the delicious spaghetti/sauce you made. Thanks to others too, notably Lizzy's fine salad and Manna's yummy dessert.

It was wonderful to meet you all – would love to have had more time to talk with each of you – speaking of which, are there two Jello Bars in Montreal? We took a cab to one after the concert (went back to the hotel first to switch my contacts to glasses – I teared up so many times the salt was stinging! :oops: ) but no-one from the forum was there, so we stayed for a drink and then left. Did you guys go somewhere else?

Cate, not fair – you are far too young to be that wise – and to have great hair too :razz:

Thanks again Jack, it made the evening perfect! If Leonard makes it to Vancouver in '09 I'd love to return the invitation.

Love from

Sheila
dick

Post by dick »

Sorry for the confusion Sheila

The noise level in the Jello Bar caused us to revert back to Holiday Inn --- tried to grab all we could to go with us, and asked the doorman at Jello to direct any cohen folks back to HI.

Great to meet you and look foward to maybe reconnecting in Vancouver.

As all have noted, thanks due Jack for warm hospitality and great food!

Dick
jacknginger

Post by jacknginger »

Indeed ~ we are on our way, my friends and I. Thank you all for sharing your resonance and posting reviews ~ we feel it out here on the road, exciting our blood. Much Love ~~~~
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

H i Dick,

I should have added, in the first post (punctuation must be correct, for William's eagle-eye, should he chance to read this), that we left Jello Bar because the horrific music was wrecking our transcendent post-concert high :roll:

Sorry we missed ya!

Sheila

PS This morning I woke up exhausted – How does Leonard do this?? At 73?? with a concert tonight? And tomorrow night??

Lizzy – I'm green with envy – you're going to all three!
Cate

Post by Cate »

Yes, Thank you to Jack as well as Lizzy and Manna for a wonderful dinner!
Everything was great and it was nice to meet so many people before the concert as well as after.
Sheila, I'm sorry we missed you after the concert but I was very glad to meet you and your husband before.
You are so warm and friendly, your personality matches your beautiful smile perfectly.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”