Tour Merchandise Info [update: tourbook on page 5!]

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
gpaterson

Re: Tour Merchandise Info [update: tourbook on page 5!]

Post by gpaterson »

Unfortunately ... all sold out!

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/berlin-tee-white.php

They do look good though - if rather expensive.
confetti

Post by confetti »

I got my programme today from the wonderful Annet, and it is so lovely. |Thank you again Annet. :D :D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
tupelo

Post by tupelo »

Have been to the O2 gig yesterday, and like John Etherington, am really not very impressed with the tour merchandise. I would have preferred something more subtle too (I didn't see the polo-shirts with the small logo, only the sweatshirts, which as nice as they are aren't my style really). The heart design on the back of the photo t-shirt would have worked really well if it had been on the front in the same position. The t-shirts looked a bit like someone had gone to one of those copy-places and just printed some large design on them. I think New Skin for the old Ceremony is a really nice image, but plastered all across the front of a t-shirt? Not too sure.

I am also not really that impressed with the tour programmes, I know others like them, but from a graphic design point of view they kind of look cobbled together, not very coherent in my view, and so many pages seem to be filler pages (like the lyric ones?). I didn't buy one, £10 just seemed too much. I bought one of the pins, which looks really good (though again I think £5 is a complete rip off).

I'm wondering whether the merchandise will change for the fall tour?
Deena

Re: Tour Merchandise Info

Post by Deena »

[quote="Deena"]All I want is a 'pin' as you call them (I call them brooches)

Having now acquired two of the above, I relent - brooch doesn´t come into it, more like ´head of a pin´- they are tiny. Miniscule. Then again, the best things are (she says, all four foot ten of her). Fiver a piece? Bargain. I shall treasure them forever. :)
chrisegan

Post by chrisegan »

I couldn't get near the merchandising Burger Van at Edinburgh Castle, but having seen them in the Programme, would love to get my hands on one of the tour badges before going to the Glasgow concert in November, any news on the Online Merchandising opening soon?
tomsakic

Re: Tour Merchandise Info

Post by tomsakic »

Anne wrote:I bought Sharon's CD for 20 Dollars (Canadian) in Montreal.

***and in Manchester it was 15 UK£ / Jarkko ***

20 Euros in Lucca. I also bought tour book (15 Euros). There was nothing more than T-shirts and the bigger shirt for colder days, I don't know the English phrase, but the prices were ridiculously high (30-60 Euro). Nothing more of interest, I wanted poster (is there any???), and they have Stranger Music, and small Book of Longing (UK editions), and Leonard Cohen The Collection (new red box-set from Sony UK). No bags or anything else. Some people bought small pins with Unified Hearts logo, but I didn't see them on the stand.

There was a big crowd, so I didn't quite get the CD beside Sharon's, some kind of compilation? It looked very strange. I forgot the name. Didn't also get the LC connection.

I really hoped for better merchandising, and better choice, and cheaper, of course. The big tour poster with girl on the lute would be great to have.
Anne

Post by Anne »

I really wanted that girl on the lute logo on a t-shirt! I think that would be so cool. But I guess it is not to be.

I certainly did score with the Canadian pricing! Montreal prices seem a bit more tolerable.
Bela

Post by Bela »

Sorry to be so pedantic, but it's not a lute that Ancient Greek girl is playing, it's a lyre. :-)
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
jasmina

Post by jasmina »

I have been to the magnificent concert at O2 in London and bought the nice polo-shirt with small logo for my son (35 £).
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

I didn't quite get the CD beside Sharon's, some kind of compilation? It looked very strange. I forgot the name. Didn't also get the LC connection.
It was likely ORBIT which is organist Neil Larsen's project. It has a great cover.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yeah, Orbit... I tried to remember the name, that's it, I couldn't forget that picture :) I shall check it out, when it's Neil Larsen's :)
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

I got my t shirt with the Anthem lyrics on it and a big thank you to Dave from Liverpool for sending me the tour programme :D .
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

... when will the dream of an online merchandise shop become a reality? ...

(will there be badges and bags?
and new cds and new dvds?
and listening to suggestions for future merchandise?)

and will the online merchandise shop exist beyond the Tour? (assuming that Leonard will stop touring, albeit for a wee while??)
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The online shop will open towards the end of September.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
riddler

Post by riddler »

I so wish they made an official Leonard Cohen branded JEW'S HARP. I'd pay a huge amount of money for one of those!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”