Manchester meet ups

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jondi

Re: Manchester meet ups

Post by jondi »

Hi Maarten, Your post made me smile but sadly for you I ammore ((grumpy)old) man than 30 year old etc. Take the train to the middle of manchester from the Airport it will cost maybe 5euro and the YHA hostel if that is what you want is 5 minutes walk from The Opera House and over the road from the museum of Science and Industry which is a reasonable place. In any event a decent City and worth exploring
margaret

Post by margaret »

Maarten you could also look on http://www.hostelworld.com for a budget place to sleep, but you may have left it a bit late!
stan

Post by stan »

Hi henning
If you are there on the wednesday bring it along,I LOVE dylan, but if you dont thats ok but dont forget to ring me if your tickets for wed, my number is on the previous page.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
Kettering

Post by Kettering »

I have some spare tickets in the circle for Wednesday in Manchester. Cost price or nearest reasonable offer would be accepted. I will be there so I could give you the tickets at the theatre. My email is graham@gjames9.wanadoo.co.uk.
Chimpy1

Post by Chimpy1 »

hello everyone.
I am going to see Leonard on Wednesday but I was wandering if anybody knew of any meetups before or after the gig. please let me know.

***Read the previous pages of this thread!!!*** / Jarkko
simonmoorehead

Post by simonmoorehead »

subtle wrote:
jondi wrote:Hi Subtle, Given the numbers wanting me to eat humble pie plesae feel free to ignore this but Evuna on Deansgate is cool and hot and fairly close to The Opera House as is El Rincon (which may be a little footballish) please let me know if you want more
Jondi - thanks for them - I'm partial to Spanish food or are they Mexican? - doesnt matter I'm partial to most good food, I''ll google them. Being close to the venue helps! Cheers

El Rincon is a good place to eat in manchester - one of the best restaurants FYI
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I'll be at the meet-up, looking forward to it.
stan

Post by stan »

Hi Chimpy 1
Read the pevious page and you will find my mobile no for the wednesday night.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
yousef_mcr

Post by yousef_mcr »

Does anyone know of anyone who is still looking for Manchester tickets?

I've got four stalls seats for the Wednesday night that I no longer need - face value + costs = £82 each. Let me know if you're interested via a personal message here or by email: yousefsheikh at hotmail.com

It's weird - after queueing up for three hours for these tickets and then battling the phone lines for the Thursday gig, I thought these would've been snapped up but they've been on the 'ticket exchange' board here for a day to no interest. I'll give it until afternoon and then off to Ebay they go :(

Yousef
missbrodie04

Post by missbrodie04 »

Hi Yousef,

You could always try Scarlet Mist (http://www.scarletmist.co.uk) instead of Ebay - they don't seem to have any tickets available at the moment for the Wednesday show, so yours might be very welcome to someone...
Last edited by missbrodie04 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Are we downhearted? No!'
yousef_mcr

Post by yousef_mcr »

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it a try...
subtle

Post by subtle »

simonmoorehead wrote:
subtle wrote:
jondi wrote:Hi Subtle, Given the numbers wanting me to eat humble pie plesae feel free to ignore this but Evuna on Deansgate is cool and hot and fairly close to The Opera House as is El Rincon (which may be a little footballish) please let me know if you want more
Jondi - thanks for them - I'm partial to Spanish food or are they Mexican? - doesnt matter I'm partial to most good food, I''ll google them. Being close to the venue helps! Cheers

El Rincon is a good place to eat in manchester - one of the best restaurants FYI
Hi Simon - thanks for the update I'm sure if its good enough for you and Jondi then its good enough for me!
bella

Post by bella »

hi everyone, i can hardly wait until friday, just hope L.C doesn't get too tired

have to confess its a long time since i was last in manchester and if the day is fine i expect we'll just walk about but in case it rains

-and my friend susan says it always rains in manchester-does anyone know how i should find out if there are any interesting art exhibitions on -is there a manchester time out

thanks amillion

bella
Davido

Post by Davido »

Manchester is well known for its rain - the only city twinned with Atlantis!
But it wasn't raining for his opening night at the Opera House.
I believe Richard Goodall gallery is showing Leonard's artworks again to coincide with his Manchester tour dates.
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
bella

Post by bella »

thanks ! that sounds like a great place to start then

bella

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”