CONCERT REPORTS: Saguenay, QC (May 30 and 31)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Darling

Re: Saguenay May 30 and 31st

Post by Darling »

jglBB wrote:
Darling wrote:....Too bad we missed you, but your car is probably on one of our pictures.
Please, never show these photos to the police. Not sure they could understand. We had a very good brandy but only one glass. It would have been a pleasure to share it with both of you. Next time maybe.
For the police, you'll have to negociate that with Izielle, the pictures are on her camera. As far as sharing next time, I'm all for it, especially for it to be a next time! I'm starting to feel like a junky in need of more Cohen, is it just me?
izielle

Post by izielle »

Hello dear friends!

Finally, I am back at home and back to earth! Though I think, I hope, I am a transformed person post-LC Tour 2008. As promised, here is a scan of the setlist that I and two fanboys were graced with by a thoughtful roadie breaking down the set when Darling and I were unable and unwilling to leave the stage area after the May 31st show. Notice the sacred duct tape at the top of the setlist. If the fanboys are right, I have the list that the sublime Webb sisters and the one and only Sharon Robinson used. Nice!

If you want a full size version that you can print out, pm me and I will send it to you (1.4mb).

To Jarkko, and all forum workers and members, thank you for this wonderful community. Meeting up with Darling was the chantilly on my LC sundae.
Attachments
setlist.jpeg
setlist.jpeg (69.16 KiB) Viewed 13852 times
Darling

Post by Darling »

Thanks Izielle,

It's nice to have you back here!
Darling

Re: Saguenay (May 30 and 31)

Post by Darling »

Anyone has anything, recordings, videos, pictures from either of the two shows? There's a lot around from the other shows, but it's not the same when it's not from 'ours'...
I've got a couple mp3s (willing to share) but would sure like more!
Thanks.
Darling

Post by Darling »

I found this on the french forum:

http://picasaweb.google.com/picture.trip/LeonardCohen

edit: I realized it has already been posted before, but not being at home, I had only taken a quick look at them. Too much emotion I guess...
Judith511

Post by Judith511 »

Hi Darling, What a lovely story! It made me smile reading it. Lucky you to be in the right place at the right time.
Judy
Waterloo January 30 1975 , Hamilton June 3 2008, Toronto June 9 2008,
Cleveland October 25 2009 ,Toronto December 4th 2012
Darling

Post by Darling »

Thanks Judith for your kind words,
I feel more than lucky, blessed! :D
Darling

Post by Darling »

An article in French about the May 30th show, followed by an interview.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080 ... ACTUALITES

It says that during the show they couldn't hear the reaction of the crowd well from the stage and that during the intermission, he asked the musicians to give more... Too bad because we were reacting like crazy. The problem was fixed for the next show where he finally could 'taste the crowd's 'accueil délirant' (delirious (?) welcome).

Anybody better than me at translating is welcome to improve on this...
-------------------------------------------
Article a little bit different, with a great picture and a (very) short bio at he end: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080 ... CTUALITES/
Darling

Post by Darling »

More pictures, front page + 3 pages in La Presse (Montreal) newspaper of Saturday, June 14th. Great!
hannah

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Saguenay, QC (May 30 and 31)

Post by hannah »

You are so lucky to have met him. I only wish it could happen to me! Maybe a miracle will happen for me, too. I wouldn't have been able to talk, I'm sure, English or anything else! Ha.

All Blessings,
hannah
Darling

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Saguenay, QC (May 30 and 31)

Post by Darling »

hannah wrote:You are so lucky to have met him. I only wish it could happen to me! Maybe a miracle will happen for me, too. I wouldn't have been able to talk, I'm sure, English or anything else! Ha.

All Blessings,
hannah
I know, I still can't believe my luck. I sincerely wish you the same!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”