Venue for Dublin pre-gigs meet-up

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Calli

Re: Venue for Dublin pre-gigs meet-up

Post by Calli » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:30 am

I am so excited - this will be the first time seeing Leonard and have been a lifelong fan.

Sadly due to an unremitting school run and subsequent abandonning kids and husband to hit the M4 I won't make the meet up.

Anyone know what the parking is like in the area? :?
BoBoBoland

Post by BoBoBoland » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 pm

For what it's worth I am heading to McDaids on Sunday Afternoon. Great little pub and then head up to RKH for 5:30 so as not to miss any part.. Is Damian Rice the only other act to play. I hear leonards set is a good 2 1/2 hours. Now that value for money.
tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 pm

As far as I can tell damien Rice is the only support. Damien is amazing and for anyone who doesnt know his stuff you are in for a treat. What a buzz for him for him to be supporting such a legend and musicians musician. I dont know any musician who would have turned down that support.

But bless, how hard will it be to get the crowd excited before the great man comes on :) I think we have all been in a mood of advanced excitement bout that for many months :lol: :lol:
tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:33 am

Hey... where are all the reports on last night or are ye all hungover :) About to jump on the bus for sunny Dublin, look forward to meeting everyone this afternoon. Even got my lucky "triggerman" tshirt on :lol: :lol:
Diane

Post by Diane » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:44 pm

MFL wrote: A double water of life for Diane, Your going to be easy to buy for.. Tap Water.. :lol: Tá fáilte romhat.

Thanks, Marcie! I enjoyed the water immensely :D .

Speaking of water, some amazing person managed to kit us out with bin bags in the pub before the concert on Sunday. Who was that, does anybody know? But I enjoyed the water that fell from the sky, too.

A wave to the people who read here daily but do not write (lazy gits!). Hello Helen. Hello Joe.

Well, I guess you are all recovering in darkened rooms. Thanks for the memories!

See you later in the year, Christine.
MFL

Post by MFL » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Everybody has come out of their dark rooms I see.. It was lovely to meet all of you.
Diane glad you enjoyed the water of life.. :lol:
Tiggs what happened to your lovely head of hair... ;-)
Séan now I can picture your face as sit on your mountain top, a joy meeting you.
Damellon thank you so much for bring us all together, a wonderful venue well chosen. :D
Tinderella, more beautiful than her picture, Willie got her very wrong, she'd be kicked out of the oldies club.
Red Poppy, what can I say, Bet your sorry you didn't take those bin bags... :roll:
Margret, Paula, Jimmy the poet, and all the others a big hello.
G. Man, can't belive you thought that about my wonderful user name...
Henning, I hope you had a great time in Dublin.

What wonderful memories we all share. Thank You all. Thanks Damellon, But above all THANK YOU LEONARD.

Confetti sorry I missed meeting you, I was a bit muddled about your gender, would have been looking out for a man.... :o Sorry.
Marcie
tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Too many years as a sound engineer :) I'm only 21 you know :lol:
Was great to meet you too. What about the seat sean had... thought I had a good one in the middle about 10 rows back, but when I stretched my legs at the break there he was in the front row.
Well done sean you couldnt have done better :)
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Marcie, that was a lovely post. So great to meet you all also , what a lovely bunch of people.

This day last week! :(
margaret

Post by margaret » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Diane wrote:
MFL wrote: A double water of life for Diane, Your going to be easy to buy for.. Tap Water.. :lol: Tá fáilte romhat.

Thanks, Marcie! I enjoyed the water immensely :D .

Speaking of water, some amazing person managed to kit us out with bin bags in the pub before the concert on Sunday. Who was that, does anybody know? But I enjoyed the water that fell from the sky, too.

A wave to the people who read here daily but do not write (lazy gits!). Hello Helen. Hello Joe.

Well, I guess you are all recovering in darkened rooms. Thanks for the memories!

See you later in the year, Christine.
Thanks to John, alias "Grecian man" who managed to get half a dozen heavy duty bin bags from one of the barmen at the Brazen Head. I managed to escape the worst of the rain :)

It was great to meet all of you and sorry to have missed those I didn't get to meet. A brilliant weekend. Grateful thanks to Damellon for all the arrangements, the hospitality of herself and her family, and to Leonard of course :D

Margaret

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”