Ticket Prices

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cecilia

Ticket Prices

Post by cecilia » Tue May 27, 2008 4:06 pm

I'd like to know who is responsible for the escalation of the ticket prices for the forthcoming tour venues and who is going to profit from the extra revenue? I don't mind if it's Leonard Cohen himself because I've heard that he is in financial difficulties at present and deserves to have it. After all he's doing all the hard work. However if it's speculators who've bought up 'block' tickets and are now trying to get more for them then I think it's time people took a stand and refuse to buy them.I don't see why the fans should all be ripped off as well. If there are enough left nearer the dates then we might be able to bring the price down.If anyone's got any other suggestions just 'post' it online.
tomsakic

Re: Ticket Prices

Post by tomsakic » Wed May 28, 2008 11:30 am

Well, the ticket scalpers have bought many tickets in first minutes of online-sales, and now they're re-selling them for high prices. There were many talk about that, in this forum (see those threads on the top, about eBay and ticket touts). So, that money is not getting in LC's or venue's pockets.
Kanga

Post by Kanga » Wed May 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Its just supply and demand - where there is easy money to be made someone will try to exploit us.
However there do seem to be some face value tickets available through this site and through ticketmaster recently that havn't been snapped up straight away - my advice would be to keep looking
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
jondi

Post by jondi » Wed May 28, 2008 7:36 pm

It is a shame that there`are those of us who rushed to buy tickets to ensure that we got to see The Man and we may not all be sitting in the best seat in the front row but there is hopefully going to be a real sense of sadness amongst the touts and scalpers who are left with tickets that they end up selling for less than they paid.. . . . . bless !
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:33 am

Hi Jondi/all...Yes it is a bit of a shame but I am STILL touched at your kindness and pleased for the ticket I have got!! Two for Ed too so I guess its fate..if I had got two right off would not be planning a nice couple of days away hey! Hopefully see you in M/c. With my very best regards Sheila

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”