Meetups before/after the Edinburgh concert

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
carole61

Re: Meetups before/after the Edinburgh concert

Post by carole61 »

the Ensign Ewart it is then? or any other suggestions?
Jeremy

Meetups before/after the Edinburgh concert

Post by Jeremy »

Let's do that.....
Trish-Edinburgh

Post by Trish-Edinburgh »

Ensign sounds great.
Trish.
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue »

Well done...not sure where it is but will be my mission to find it and am so ooo looking forward to the whole thing!! Catch up with you all soon!!!! :D
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi,
I'm happy going to The Ensign Ewart but it's a few years since I was last there and if anybody from Edinburgh has up to date impressions re the pub please make your feelings known.
Otherwise see you there from 6ish and afterwards.
All the best
Dave
http://www.ensignewart.demon.co.uk/ensign/
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill »

I'm getting paranoid cos Manchester was brought forward. Edinburgh Tickets say gates @ 7.00, onstage 8.00. But confirmation from Ticketmaster just says 7.00.

Is it safe to assume this is just confirming gates open time, and 8.00 onstage is still valid? Anyone know different?
Still reliving every second of:1970 Isle of Wight, 1985 Birmingham, 2008 Manchester OH , Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham, 2009 Liverpool and ................ :o)
stan

Post by stan »

Hey Ms Blue

Thanks for the whole night in Manchester it was realy great, even in the rain, your company was brill and going out with you and Jondi was one the best days i have had in years hope you have a good time in Edin and whoever your company is im sure will have as goog a time as i did.
All the best for the future
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Hope to see some of you at the pub before the concert. I will be wearing a red coat with a small badge with the Book of Longing logo and a black tour tee shirt bought in Manchester.

As far as I know the gates open at 7.00 and Leonard will appear at 8.00pm

Margaret
Dublin 15th June, Manchester 18th June, Edinburgh 16th July
Cardiff 8th. November, Manchester 30th. November Liverpool 14th July 2009 Barcelona 21st September 2009, Las Vegas 11th December 2010
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue »

Ah thanks for that stan...same goes here. as it happens fiona approached me in the pub last night and told me about your kind words as i have been parted from my computer!!
:D regards sheila ps check your e mails!
;-)
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue »

Hi margaret!! sorry i did not read your message till now!! hope you enjoyed the show amidst the chaos around entry / exit!!! I was jammed right in the corner of that very small pub and on leaving concert they had stopped more people going in!! Next time i go to that one i may sell the toilet code outside sos i can afford an extra beer!!! :lol:
margaret

Post by margaret »

I've only just got home from Edinburgh in the last half hour.

Sorry I missed meeting you Ms Blue. There were a few of us old-timers (as in old-time forum members!) in there and we went back after the concert for a short time.
Hello George if you're still lurking :)

met a young couple in the pub from Malta before the concert, Andrei and Sher, who bumped into Leonard 3 times walking around Edinburgh, and were too dumbstruck to talk to him! But they caught him on their camera with a short video.

Such a pity about the rain prompting people to leave thinking it was the end, when the concert may have continued longer :( .
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue »

Maybe there will be a next time!!! ;-) for now take care and we probably all need an early night!!! regards sheila :roll:

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”