Nice Jazz Festival tickets on sale 10 April

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Bela

Re: Nice Jazz Festival tickets on sale 10 April

Post by Bela »

That's great progress. Thanks for posting.

Yes, it's 10am French time. And it looks like it might be for all concerts since it says, 'pour cette manifestation', i.e. the Jazz Festival.
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
rbathke

Post by rbathke »

Hi,

It would appear that tickets are on sale now (9.00pm GMT Wednesday 9th) at

http://www.gdp.fr/index2.php

Could someone who understands French, and the festival, better than I do let me know if entrance to the Festival (on the 22nd) also guarantees admission to see Leonard Cohen?
Tickets are euro 49 for the day. Leonard is on at 22.45

The Festival site is now also live at

http://www.nicejazzfestival.fr

Sincerely,

Ray
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

I see on the festival's site that tickets started being sold at 6PM French time today, and yes, the price you see for a specific day includes all concerts on that day. There are 3 days and 8 days passes as well.
Bela

Post by Bela »

rbathke wrote:Hi,

It would appear that tickets are on sale now (9.00pm GMT Wednesday 9th) at

http://www.gdp.fr/index2.php

Could someone who understands French, and the festival, better than I do let me know if entrance to the Festival (on the 22nd) also guarantees admission to see Leonard Cohen?
Tickets are euro 49 for the day. Leonard is on at 22.45

The Festival site is now also live at

http://www.nicejazzfestival.fr

Sincerely,

Ray
I've just logged on to both websites (out of curiosity, and to try and answer your question). I couldn't see how to book tickets on the first website. The second one is the official one for the Jazz Festival. You need to click on BILLETTERIE, then on RESERVER EN LIGNE, then on the date under SEANCES. Tickets are 49 euros. And I'm quite sure they are for LC's concert too. Seats are not allocated (probably on a first come first served basis).
shikimo

Post by shikimo »

stevew486 wrote:Tickets are now also on sale through the fnac site, earlier than they previously said. The price there is 51 euros though they offer the option of a print at home ticket (0.50 euro charge) so maybe you can save on delivery charges over the other outlet - I haven't checked.

Steve
That's weird...last time I did 'print at home' with fnac they gave me .50 off for saving them the trouble of printing tickets. Greedy Ba"§*rds.
m.jonson

Post by m.jonson »

I bought tickets for the 22nd yesterday through ticketnet.fr

Does anyone have experience with that particular ticket-issuer...?
Bela

Post by Bela »

shikimo wrote:That's weird...last time I did 'print at home' with fnac they gave me .50 off for saving them the trouble of printing tickets. Greedy Ba"§*rds.
What about Ticketmaster, which charges £2.25 for something that will cost them 34p?

Tickets for 22 July are still only 49 euros on the official festival website.
shikimo

Post by shikimo »

stevew486 wrote:
That's weird...last time I did 'print at home' with fnac they gave me .50 off for saving them the trouble of printing tickets. Greedy Ba"§*rds.[/quote]

Sorry, probably my mistake. It said '-0.50' which I took to be a dash but, in the light of your experience, was probably a minus sign. I wasn't actually buying a ticket.[/quote]

Cool...I probably overreacted anyway :) . It's just that France has increasingly become Rip-off-the-customer-a-little-more-every-day-Land in recent years...
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

I have now got tickets to see Leonard. Can't believe it after 40 years. Can anyone give me tips about the Jazz festival Venue, seating, accommodation in Nice? :D :D :D
Bela

Post by Bela »

Brownie wrote:I have now got tickets to see Leonard. Can't believe it after 40 years. Can anyone give me tips about the Jazz festival Venue, seating, accommodation in Nice? :D :D :D
Congratulations!

Nice gets very very busy in the summer. I would start looking for somewhere to stay right now. Log on to the tourist office website: http://www.nicetourisme.com/GB/frameset ... t_sej.html

The venue is a beautiful Roman amphitheatre on top of one of the hills overlooking the town (bus no.22 goes there). I saw Nureyev perform in the Arènes, 35 years ago: it was magical. I believe seats are unnumbered.
Bela

Post by Bela »

stevew486 wrote:As you'll see from the festival website (linked by another poster above), the early part of the evening has two smaller acts on the Matisse stage, then the action transfers to the Arenes and Jardin stages, where performances take place more or less simultaneously (two acts on each of those stages during the rest of the evening). In another thread I linked to a couple of photos which showed a standing audience for what I think is the Jardin stage where Leonard is playing. The website says you can "saunter" at will between the two stages so that also suggests no seating (I don't suppose many people will be sauntering away from LC :) )
I don't know about the Jardin (there were no performances there when I lived in Nice), but there are definitely seats in the Arènes, obviously. I'm surprised LC will be performing in the Jardin, actually: the Arènes are so lovely.

I couldn't agree more about all the great info you've given. Nice is wonderful town. I ask myself daily why I left.
The frog

Post by The frog »

Hi everyone,
I know the Nice Jazz Festival. Sorry for my bad English. It's a beautiful park with olive trees, a very friendly peaceful place.
3 stages: The Matisse Museum one is for young artists, The Arena one is gorgeous but probably too small for Leonard. And the "Jardin" which is the main stage is surrounded by olive trees. No seats but you can seat on the grass.
The ticket price is a fee for the 3 stages. You enter the Park and go wherever you wish. So you can see 6 different artists including LC. ;-)
I have been 4 times at this festival and I love it. There are free shuttles from downtown and from Radisson Hotel to the festival site (on a hill called Cimiez. Check on Google earth "Nice, Cimiez") until late. I think that last shuttle back is around 1:30 am (cool when you want to stay there and have a good glass of wine).
The Artists hotel is usually the Radisson (223 promenade des Anglais. 06000 Nice) on the sea side. I don't know if LC will stay there or not. But the Radisson organize "jam sessions" every night from Midnight till 5am. It's a free entrance. You can see the festival artists who performed on stage the same evening, jamming until the morning ! just great !
Regarding hotels, http://www.niceres.com/4DACTION/Web_GP_Resa/GB Nice is not the cheapest place on earth but if you check the French yellow pages you may find a few small and cheap hotels not far from the site: http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/trouverlespro ... s/index.do "quoi qui", type "hotel" then "où", type Nice. Then click on "trouver". They often give the link to hotel sites.
;-)
ppower

Post by ppower »

Hi everyone,

my wife and I just booked tickets for the 22nd and really looking forward to it. Does anyone know what the norm is for food etc. The venue sounds perfect for a picnic and nice wine as JC plays - does anyone have any tips or recommendations.

Thanks

P
dreja

Post by dreja »

hi-
my husband and me are also going to Nice festival. On Monday we'll listen to Diana Krall, and then to LC...
See you there...
Andreja

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”