oh boo hoo i didn't get tickets..........

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
riddler

oh boo hoo i didn't get tickets..........

Post by riddler » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:58 pm

..but i'm a bigger cohen fan than you!

with all those songs recorded, those lovely books, do i really need to pay silly money to see him in a room full of people shouting "yay, whwoooooo, leonard impregnate me, YAY, play jeff buckley's hallelujah!!!, no, play nick cave's avalanche!!! whooooooo etc etc etc..........."
i think i'll have more fun sat at home with a nice buffet, listening to some youthful Cohen recordings.

in this thread i want some optimistic posts about not having tickets to see LEONARD COHEN.
it doesn't make you less of a fan, nobody really cares whether or not you have seen the great man live, just because you like leonard cohen,it doesn't mean you have to throw all common sense out the window over 75 pound tickets to be in an intimate concert hall (with thousands of people; all looking at LEONARD from a distance where he will be as sincere as the elusive taxman with the impossible task of trying to give everybody eye contact) concert hall.....

by the way....... i am going to see cohen live.

i'm already looking forward to the live DVD (possibly blu-ray) plus extras....
terry shute

Re: oh boo hoo i didn't get tickets..........

Post by terry shute » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:11 pm

well said! the sanest post on here!
Paul Trotter

Post by Paul Trotter » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Too right man!These Lenny fans are a right bunch of miserable,whining,knobs!
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi riddler
I keep telling myself similar but it has not drastically reduced my disapointment !!!
Mine really is a boo hoo sob sob havent got a ticket!!!
Cheers
ms.blue
Last edited by Tim on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed color tag
riddler

Post by riddler » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:02 am

i think i credibility went to pot when i wrote "by the way....... i am going to see cohen live"

it's nice to ponder over not going to see cohen; when you have the luxury of a ticket in one's back pocket.

it's only a few hours of your life, watching a man with his band from afar. (most of that is just waiting)
i thought i was going to get crucified for such a silly topic.
justinburnett

Post by justinburnett » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:04 am

I dunno. I've always found there's something magical about being in the same room as someone whose art moves you profoundly. Live music and recorded music are two different beasts, and I love them both. For a variety of reasons, I get to experience a lot less of the former than the latter, but I have some fantastic memories of performances by my favourite musicians -- Bert Jansch, John Renbourn, Beck, Richard Thompson, Keren Ann.... Thankfully, I too have a Cohen ticket in my grubby little hands, and am very much looking forward to the experience :-)
greenfeld69

Post by greenfeld69 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:07 pm

I am going but expect very little. I like only a handful of songs since I'm Your Man and can't really abide the keyboard sound of latter-day Len. I am sure he'll have a great band though, which will bring to life even the latest songs.

The first four albums are simply untouchable but I can't criticise the man for starting his singing career so strongly!
riddler

Post by riddler » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:32 pm

i think "the future" will go down a treat. i fear that during that song he may have a heart attack and die, oh the irony.

various positions is pretty damn good.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”