Backing Singers this year?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
The Running Club

Backing Singers this year?

Post by The Running Club »

Hi everyone, I don't know if I've missed it, but I can't find any mention of who will be touring with Leonard. I'm hoping to see Anjani, but does anyone have any clues, or hints?
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Backing Singers this year?

Post by jarkko »

Anjani will not be touring with Leonard. She may have a tour of her own; keep an eye on her website and board!
CK23

Post by CK23 »

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/band2008.html

Here is the band list! I am worried though that there isnt at least one female backing singer as it ought to be :roll:
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The backging singer(s) will be announced sooner or later!
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I'm still not convinced that Anjani won't be starring as Leonard in this tour (just like Cate Blanchett starred as Bob Dylan in the movie!).
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

It's very difficult to imagine Anjani not taking the stage with Leonard at some point! This is obviously not to say that she won't; it's just that having seen them perform together, it's very difficult to imagine :( . I certainly trust Leonard's taste and selection in women to sing with him... I just want Anjani to be there, as well.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
The Running Club

I looked on Anjani's website, theres a thread about whether she will be opening the concert, and Anjani has contributed a couple of times. She hasn't said she will on her site, and she hasn't said she won't as far as I can tell

But we'll have to wait and see. Whoever he chooses, they'll be good!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Running Club ~

The postings you've read on Anjani's forum unfortunately predate Jarkko's announcement, which can be presumed to be the accurate information :( .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Anjani has posted this today on her Forum:
hi friends
although i won't be touring with leonard, he'll have plenty of support on the road and so you needn't worry about that.
my record for Sony is long overdue and i will be recording it this spring/summer, so that i can get out on the road again myself.

we're still working on projects & music together; and as always, we're grateful for your love and support...
you really are the greatest fans in the world.
much love,
anjani & leonard
Perla has emailed Christine that she will not be with Leonard's tour (she has her own concerts booked through the next two years)
loulou

Post by loulou »

thanks Jarkko

it kind of makes sense to me also from another perspective.

For Anjani to be taken seriously in the music industry, she might at the moment be too closely associated with Leonard, and to be his support act, or occasional backing or duet partner, would only sort of re-inforce that perception at this stage.

and also, for her to accompany him on the tour, it might make him look more frail then he is. (seeing him on the recent hall of fame ceremony, i can only admire his quiet and polite but powerful determination to stand his own ground - when he quietly slipped in that he never coveted this award and then told us all why he does what he does, the tale of his motivation that is also known as 'tower of song')
desire the horse
depression the cart
The Running Club

Thanks everyone for the comments, this is definitely one of the nicest ,friendliest and most helpful forums (fora??) I'm privileged to be part of.
William

Post by William »

loulou wrote:thanks Jarkko
For Anjani to be taken seriously in the music industry, she might at the moment be too closely associated with Leonard, and to be his support act, or occasional backing or duet partner, would only sort of re-inforce that perception at this stage.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gingermop

Post by gingermop »

William wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, William, you're making my mouth hurt....
Last edited by Tim on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Bela

Post by Bela »

Anjani's lovely, but I have an allergy to couples working together all the time, or rather to women (or sometimes men) only working with their partners, when the latter are more famous than they are. So, I think she's very wise not to want to be riding his coattails.
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
William

Post by William »

Bela wrote:Anjani's lovely, but I have an allergy to couples working together all the time, or rather to women (or sometimes men) only working with their partners, when the latter are more famous than they are. So, I think she's very wise not to want to be riding his coattails.

Madam,
What is the difference between a couple working together and "women (or sometimes men) only working with their partners"? :?
Elucidate please.
William

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”