Fredericton Show

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Tri-me

Fredericton Show

Post by Tri-me »

It would be nice to have a gathering after the show. I don't think the James Joyce bar at the Beaverbrook Crown Plaza is usually open on Sunday evenings. If we can assure them a crowd they might open. Let me know if you would be interested in gathering there after the show, we could go around the corner to the Snooty Fox or the Rogue. The James Joyce would be the best place.
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
FreddyBeach

Re: Fredericton Show

Post by FreddyBeach »

Hi;

I'm a Fredericton resident and would welcome the opportunity for a post-concert gathering.

If not the James Joyce, possibly The Rogue on King Street. It's just a two minute walk from the Playhouse.
FreddyBeach

Post by FreddyBeach »

I just checked with The Rogue and they are open until 11:00 p.m. on Sunday evenings. The kitchen closes at 10:00 p.m.

They also have the following special:

"Remember, if you're going to the Playhouse show you server you ticket (or Stub) for that night's performance and you receive a drink at Happy Hour price....if you dine with us before the show you can receive 15% discount on your meal by just showing your ticket... a great deal..."
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

I just heard form The Crown Plaza they will not be open Sunday evening. They are not usually open on Sundays and since it is also Mother's day. So to the Lunar Rogue, maybe they will stay open longer if there is a good crowd when is last call on Sunday evenings?
It will be easy to get the word out maybe we will get a heat wave and the patio will be open. :razz:
Cheers & DLight
FreddyBeach

Post by FreddyBeach »

Tri-me wrote:...
It will be easy to get the word out maybe we will get a heat wave and the patio will be open. :razz:
That's about as likely as Leonard Cohen performing in Fredericton! Oh, wait... :lol:
libraryref

Post by libraryref »

I hate to mention this, but ... we'll be lucky if The Playhouse isn't under three feet of water on May 11.
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

The ground did not freeze, aparently, so it might not be that bad afterall. No worries the snow is melting but not too fast.
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

well what do I know about floods???? Hopefully this will all be resolved by May 11. I heard the playhouse was flooding in the basement.
This is a good video of the flood
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=38003415453
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

I am starting to count the days, it is still like a dream that he is coming here. Hopefully it will be a nice evening and we can meet up after at the Rogue on the patio. Mr. C.R., will see you there. I'm in row H in the center, one row behind the expensive seats.
Cheers & DLight
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

As of this morning (Sunday) the Playhouse is still closed until further notice. When I walked by there an hour ago, the power was still off. They were pumping water out the side door on Friday but I forgot to check that today. The Classic Albums Abbey Road performance was cancelled Friday night past - it was sold out, so lot's of disappointed people there.

The water has almost receded to the river bank. Here's the only potential problem I see - whether or not the electrical equipment at the Playhouse was flooded. I don't know if it is in the basement or on the main floor though they do have an underground electrical entrance. The electrical inspections authority can require a lot of electrical renovations if service equipment was actually submerged.

But there's still a week and nothing much takes a week to repair.
Darling

Post by Darling »

My heart goes to you people, I hope everything will be fine...
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Sunday - 7:00pm local (Atlantic) - just went by The Playhouse - lights are on, no water being pumped - looks good.

(still glad I have those back up tickets for 5 other shows though!)

I just noticed the clock - exactly one week to curtain call !!!!! I never thought I'd see the day when the marquee at the Playhouse will say "TONIGHT LEONARD COHEN".
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

There was a flood in 1995, and a big one in the 70's so I am confident that the Playhouse has its sensitive equipment out of harm's way. The water is receeding, there has been very little rain. I am confident the Playhouse will be open on Sunday.

http://www.theplayhouse.nb.ca/selected_ ... r=20080511
Cheers & DLight
libraryref

Post by libraryref »

I just heard that Leonard and the band are in Fredericton and rehearsing for 4 days prior to the show.
Fredericton (May 11, 2008); Toronto (June 6, 2008); Louisville (March 30, 2013)
upsofloating

Post by upsofloating »

Where'd you hear this? I wonder where he'd be rehearsing...I saw some transports at the Playhouse today, but I doubt that'd be him.
"Dear child, I only did to you what the sparrow
did to you; I am old when it is fashionable to be
young; I cry when it is fashionable to laugh."

---Charles Bukowski

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”