More June/July concerts???

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
daveeliver

Re: More June/July concerts???

Post by daveeliver » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:34 am

Hi All,
The Cambridge Folk Festival list of artists was announced yesterday, and as indicated by Jarkko
Cambridge is not on the list.
However Judy Collins, k.d.lang, Martha Wainwright, Joan Armatrading, John Hiatt etc etc are part of a good line up
http://www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk/

I'm disappointed but my wallet is not, perhaps Cropredy as usual
All the best
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
pavlos

Post by pavlos » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:44 am

Hi All
In Athens at least 2 radio stations have announced the 29th of July and there is also some information concerning the Badmington theatre/stadium,which-i believe- is quite unsuitable for such an event.Lycabetus is the BEST.

I'll be in touch
Pavlos
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:21 am

It is fantastic to see that Leonard will be touring in June July and August. He has thousand of fans in Australia. There were 2 performances of Philip Glass's "Book of Longings" based on Leonard's work at the Adelaide Festival in March. Both performances were fully booked out and the audience reaction was befitting the great event. Is there a chance that we In Australia might be honoured with a visit from Leonard? He can stay at my place in Canberra.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:35 am

Pavlos: the Athens concert is still uncertain and looks like at least the date is going to change. We have to wait for the confirmation!
CK23

Post by CK23 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:54 pm

pavlos wrote:Hi All
In Athens at least 2 radio stations have announced the 29th of July and there is also some information concerning the Badmington theatre/stadium,which-i believe- is quite unsuitable for such an event.Lycabetus is the BEST.

I'll be in touch
Pavlos

Badminton is for the Book of Longing project (8-12 of July 2008 I think) and Phillip Glass will appear only
fillingstationdotca

Re: More June/July concerts??? western Canada?

Post by fillingstationdotca » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:01 am

I don't want him to get worn out, but really really hoping Leonard will come to the West part of Canada.. Calgary? Vancouver? There are so many people here that need to see him, including me, and who can't afford to travel super far...

Jarkko if you have any leads please let me know!!

Laurie
Laura

Post by Laura » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:00 am

Jarkko, I see you got news tonight, at least about what is NOT going to be. Any news about what will be, too?!
Laura
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:22 am

For the time being the Big Chill festival (August 3) is the last concert to be announced now. If everything goes well, the tour may continue after a break, but it will take quite a while until we have more details.
Augusta Bertram

Post by Augusta Bertram » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:26 pm

and what about israel and athens?

have you got any idea if/when will we hear something new?

any room for optimism?
i never thought we'd meet
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Israel will not be in the June/July list. Athens remains unlikely. We may hear more on Monday.
I don't know when we will have the dates for the 2nd part of the tour (starting in the fall).
swisschris

Post by swisschris » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:37 pm

Dear Jarkko!

Just a few days ago you wrote that Leonard will play many concerts in Spain, concerts in Eastern Europe and even a concert outside Europe in August.
Now I read that the tour will stop August 3rd. I think it is very sad for people living in these areas who had hoped to see him and especially for those who already had tickets for the Berlin show.
Is there any good reason for this sudden change of initial plans?

Greetings from Switzerland,
Christoph

2008:Lyon July 9th, Lörrach July 25th, Zurich October 25th;
2009: Nimes August 20th;
2010: Basel September 8th;
2012: Verona September 24th;
2013: Montreux July 4th
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:08 pm

The tentative August dates were not confirmed and therefore not posted on our sites
(except Berlin that had started with the booking). I hope we will learn more about the re-scheduling next week.
garcia1986

Post by garcia1986 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:41 am

Hi!
My name's Marc, and I'm from Barcelona. I'm new here, greetings to all LC fans!
I just wanted to ask Jarkko a question: I saw that there were rumours about two concerts in August in Cap Roig (Girona), but now you say that there won't be more concerts until the fall. So, can we be sure that there won't be any LC concert in Spain this summer? If it was so, I would go see him in France or Italy, but I just wanted to make sure about it, I haven't got much money and I would prefer not to travel!
Thanks a lot! You do a great job in this webpage!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Marc. There were indeed tentative days listed for August, including several preliminary concert locations in Spain, but they were never confirmed and therefore not listed on the schedule I have posted on my website (with the exception of Berlin on August 30: I added it when the ticket booking began in Germany). Pollstar.com still lists some of the August dates, but the information they have is now outdated and inaccurate. Hopefully they will update their list as soon as possible - now it causes a lot of misunderstanding.

I don't have much more information yet, and I can only repeat what I said earlier in this thread: For the time being the Big Chill festival (August 3) is the last concert to be announced now. If everything goes well, the tour may continue after a break, but it will take a while until we have more exact details. However, I hope to get some information this week. I understand that with these open questions it is difficult to decide whether to wait or to reserve tickets elsewhere. The concert tickets can be re-sold quite easily but irrevocable flights cannot!
totovillefranche

Post by totovillefranche » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Me too I bought my tickets when they went on sale in Berlin almost a fortnight ago; and they still are as agencies have not yet been informed by what meanwhile seems to be reality. I have in fact tried to contact the local Berlin organisation as well as Tour Pool Europe GmbH but noone has answered so far. I shall post news as soon as they arrive ( ticket refund or whether to keep/change them for a future date ).
Thomas Berlin

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”