More June/July concerts???

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

More June/July concerts???

Post by jarkko » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:37 am

Here follows a summary and my comments of some new dates that have been discussed on the Forum, announced by the venues in question, or informed elsewhere on the web. Please note that it is more than probable that some of this information is false. So wait for confirmation! And don't buy tickets from unofficial scalper/tout websites at ridiculously high prices - wait for the official booking to begin!

I'm keeping the confirmed dates with booking info updated at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-1.html

DUBLIN June 13: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/733217 announces that a third concert in Dublin goes on sale next Wednesday March 26 at 9 am. This date has not yet been 100 % confirmed but I added it to the list (and will take it off if it turns to be false).

BUCHAREST JULY 14: I have not yet listed it because of missing venue etc. info (it's announced at http://www.leonardcohen.ro)

JULY 18: Pollstar lists a second London 02 gig here but it is not listed nor confirmed by AEG - also ticketmaster does not list it. It remains to be seen whether this is false or not.

JULY 28: http://www.auditorium.com/eventi/4919192 is announcing a concert in Rome for this day, with ticket booking beginning on March 25. This is not listed nor confirmed by AEG. Another big question mark. I have asked for advice.

JULY 29: Lycabettus in Athens is the tentative entry here. Waiting for confirmation & booking info, that's why it is not yet on the list.

JULY 31: remains to be seen!

AUGUST: Big Chill (August 3 in UK) has been confirmed, all the others are to be announced sooner or later.
yoeri

Re: More June/July concerts???

Post by yoeri » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:26 pm

thank you for this update!
:D
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
ways_of_escape

Post by ways_of_escape » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:22 pm

thanks, you're great.

wouldn't have understood anything without ya :shock:
"And those who ernestly are lost? Ah, they're lost and lost again"
Deena

Post by Deena » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:09 pm

I'd like to add my thanks too, Jarkko. Still praying for Athens...
TJHobbs

Post by TJHobbs » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks for the clarity; your hard work is appreciated.
Adi

Post by Adi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:57 pm

Dear all,

a new concert was listed in German news tv today (March 25th).
date is on August 30 in Berlin (Waldbühne)
find more info at
http://www.n24.de/news/newsitem_570650.html
Regards, adi
:neutral:
Waldbühne, the Forest Theatre
The Waldbühne was built by using the glacial river banks of the Berlin Urstromtal. Reproduction of the old theater of Epidaurus (3rd century BC). The theater was then named "Dietrich-Eckart-Bühne" in homage to Dietrich Eckart.

Seating for 22,000 spectators goes down to a depth of 30 metres (97 feet); in the middle section once stood Adolf Hitler's box. The surroundings were decorated with statues by Adolf Wamper. During the Olympics gymnastics competitions and a myriad of cultural programs were staged in the Waldbühne.
München 28.05.93; Amsterdam, 12.07.08; London, 17.07.08; Lörrach, 25.07.08; Helsinki, 10.10.08; Frankfurt, 29.10.08, Köln, 01.07.09, Strassbourg, 19.09.2010; Dortmund 29.10.2010; Verona, 24.09.2012; Mannheim 28.06.2013
wugwell

Post by wugwell » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:53 pm

:D Hello Jarkko, I know the UK is being well catered for but do you have any info on the remaining gig at The Manchester Opera House. All I can find is a reference to the Guardian Newspaper and thats it. Wugwell.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:32 pm

This has been widely covered in other threads; the April 4th issue of Guardian will inform how and where to get tickets
Kettering

Post by Kettering » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 am

I still have a hunch that July 31st could be Cambridge folk festival - I certainly hope so - I'm going anyway, so to have LC there as well would be special. The list of artists for this wonderful festival has still not been announced, which, I think, is later than normal. Just speculating!
billybroke

Post by billybroke » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi Kettering
Cambridge would be brilliant; but they would probably anounce LC's appearence prior to ticket sales...all conjecture though....Now; Corby Grampian Club...there's a venue !!!
If yourt going to Mancester on the 17tth and need a lift from Corby south 8) ...give us a shout !
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Cambridge is not on the list.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi Kettering,

My sister (who attends the Cambridge Folk Festival) tells me that July 31st is a Thursday, and on the Thursday they usually only have local bands, and no main stage. However, for those going, it would be nice if they changed the format this year.

All the best, John E
Cristina Cohen

Post by Cristina Cohen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:14 am

What about Lisbon??? He will be here on July 19. I wont miss it, have already 2 tickets.
May all the other concerts he will permorm, be as the one I pray to see.

All the best for ou all,
Sincerly
Cristina Cohen

"The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah"
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:23 am

Missed tickets for Manchester, Edinburgh, Dublin and London but managed today to get a ticket for extra date in Dublin. Now find that tickets for Edinburgh are being auctioned by Ticketmaster. Am I naive or justifiably peeved that the nearest venue is now available again given enough money. How can Ticketmaster say all Edinburgh seats are sold when they are auctioning huge numbers of premium seats?
:(

Dave
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:21 pm

See my comments on "TicketMaster auctioning Edinburgh tickets" thread below.

There are three possibilities here :

1)the tickets were sent out to an agent who has returned them and TM decided to auction them (seems unlikely although Edinburgh sales were slower than the rest of the UK).

2) TM always hold a few tickets back and in this case, given the Edinburgh seats didn't sell out at once like the rest of the UK, is testing the water with an auction, starting at a reasonable price, not being sure they will sell at an inflated one on TE.

or 3) these are tickets from the artists/tour crew allocation which they don't need and have returned to TM for resale. Quite often when the artists do this they ask for them to be disposed of fairly and profits given to charity.

The seats being auctioned are GOOD ones and at £60 well worth it if you can get them for that price or close. It seems fairer to me than TE. However as someone else points out in the thread below, with TM auctions, it is not like Ebay. On TM your auction offer price is the one you are committed to. So you could bid £200 and someone else £100 and if there were enough seats, both bids would stand. I suppose you could bid what you thought the tickets were worth, and leave it at that. That is what I often do when I am buying something on Ebay but of course that is a one off.

The Edinburgh auction lasts a fortnight.

Honeyrose

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”