O2 tickets- anyone still looking

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mickey_one

O2 tickets- anyone still looking

Post by mickey_one » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 pm

please let me know if you need tickets for this show.
waynelomas

Re: O2 tickets- anyone still looking

Post by waynelomas » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:59 pm

well, I was just looking on Ticketmaster, but all sold now...can you help?
Bela

Post by Bela » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:07 pm

I got two at £60 in BK 106 earlier today - via Ticketmaster. There were quite a few available. They're better for me than the ones I bought on Fridayin BK 402 (I thought the warning about fear of heights, etc. were just a myth; I hadn't realised that the warning was in fact on the official O2 site and therefore must be real, otherwise why would they put off some people from booking those seats. I suffer quite badly from fear of heights. I think it's safer on Level 1. :-)

What it shows is that the advice to keep on looking on Ticketmaster was wise. Seats in BK 106 were not available on Friday at the time I tried to buy tickets, but they were today. What else is going to go on sale in the future?
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
roscoe

Post by roscoe » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Nearer the concert date, Ticketmaster/Seetickets et al will miraculously "release" floor seats they haven't been able to shift through tours. Harvey Goldsmith - the biggest hypocrite in music promotion - is notorious for identical tactics.
Bela

Post by Bela » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:26 am

I'm absolutely certain of it.

I go to the theatre a lot and they've started doing the same thing on Press Nights: for nigh on 35 years I was able to go to Press Nights with no problem whatsoever (I'm talking about the subsidised theatres, not the West End), but a few years ago it became impossible to get good seats for those performances - whole blocks of seats are now being reserved, and released nearer the dates. I pay a premium to be on priority mailing lists and I can't book for the performances of my choice! Scandalous!
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:24 pm

roscoe -
when should one hunt the Ticketmaster site in the hope of a better ticket? (A month before? A week before? etc). ... I guess it is hard to be definite, so - hey, ho - back to the old routine of checking the little screen many times per day ...
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”