World Tour 2008 preperation CD best of?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Dance_Me_to_the_End

World Tour 2008 preperation CD best of?

Post by Dance_Me_to_the_End »

I'm looking to make some sort of Cohen "best of" specifcally for the World Tour for a friend who wants to try and narrow down what he might play and create a best of for his car. So basically, I'm just looking for recommendations about songs that Cohen often plays in concerts (Dance Me To The End of Love opened most of his later-era sets if i'm correct, and I recall him saying he almost always performs Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye) so any ideas on a nice little tracklisting would be greatly apprecciated ;-)

Thanks!
table top joe

Re: World Tour 2008 preperation CD best of?

Post by table top joe »

I know its very boring(the choice not the album!)and impersonal but i think "The Essential Leonard Cohen" has the best and most thoughtful tracklisting of any best of ive seen on any artist i like(though "Master Song" should have been there too of course).....probably not a very helpful suggestion sorry! let us know what you eventually go for
Davido

Post by Davido »

All Leonard's set lists for previous tours can be found Here:http://www.leonardcohenlive.com/
Under 'concerts and live recordings'.
However,bear in mind that there are 2 albums ('Ten New Songs' & 'dear Heather')that have never featured in a live tour (last tour was 1993). Also, he may (hopefully) include some new songs from his forthcoming album.
Hope this helps.
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
blw

Post by blw »

I hope he plays these two in Toronto because they've been stuck in my head all winter:
- Coming Back To You
- In My Secret Life

These four I hope to hear too, and it seems the chances are good. Man, I'm excited!
- Ain't No Cure For Love
- Tower of Song
- I'm Your Man
- Everybody Knows

I also hope he has some crazy-talented backup vocalists.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”