8 new cities in The Maritimes

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
laurieoostie

Re: 8 new cities in The Maritimes

Postby laurieoostie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:38 pm

shonap wrote:What's the word on a password for pre-sale on the Halifax venue?
I'm from Halifax, and it's looking like we don't get a pre-sale and have to fight it out with the rest of the crowd to see Cohen at the Cohn.
Plannerman

Postby Plannerman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:57 pm

It looks like the sales for Newfoundland are brisk. As I was trying to access the show on the 26th on Admission.com, a show for the 27th popped up, and a while later a third show for the 28th appeared.

I didn't get the seats that I wanted, but did manage to get a couple of seats in the balcony for the second show.

Tony
Bon

Postby Bon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:05 pm

12:04 and sales are still not open online in Charlottetown...grrrr.
g026r

Postby g026r » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Seems the same for Fredericton. Getting their default recorded message when I call the box office, and the website has been driven into the ground.
Bon

Postby Bon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:16 pm

the buy icon is still not available on the site at 12:15...luckily i have someone in line in person, but still. :roll:
Bon

Postby Bon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:20 pm

yeh, the phone here doesn't even ring through, just goes to the automatic busy signal. the front page of the confed centre site never got its "buy" icon up, and the box office site just crashes when you hit Cohen.

wow. i called the box office folk yesterday and asked if they had any sense whether this would be crazy, and they weren't expecting this. they actually recommended buying online as opposed to going down and standing in line.
g026r

Postby g026r » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Yeah, the Fredericton site either never fully loads or crashes when you try to access.

Calling the box office gets you a busy signal or recorded message, and trying to get redirected to someone else just gets me a voice mailbox. I'm thinking I should have taken my girlfriend up on the offer of her standing in line.
g026r

Postby g026r » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Site just came up.

Though the online calendar still shows seats available, trying to buy them tells me it couldn't fill them and all seats are shown greyed out. :cry:
tlopez

Postby tlopez » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi Plannerman,

It was definitely brutal trying to get tickets for Holy Heart. I was in right at the spot where you confirm opening, but got booted for too many people being online and had to start over. I managed to get two seats for two different nights, but not a gold ticket. If I can get one of those, I will grab it!

Tanya
Piddleville

Postby Piddleville » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:31 pm

Yup. I finally got the site to load for the Playhouse in Fredericton and it showed me nothing available. And then I tried again and got the service unavailable message. :cry:
Bon

Postby Bon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:33 pm

good luck to you...the Charlottetown site just came open at 12:30...still showing some available.

i had someone in line so he came out with 4 in row H, pretty good.
g026r

Postby g026r » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:35 pm

What I want to know is: they claim that you could/can buy tickets by phone, yet I can't seem to find a way to actually reach a menu for buying tickets or even a real person via the phone.
AndreTheGiant

Postby AndreTheGiant » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:38 pm

I finally got onto the Fredericton Playhouse website, and had a ticket in my shopping cart. I went to click "confirm order" for Seat 9, Row o, and got the Service Unavailable page. Now I don't know if I have that ticket or not. This is why I hate going to shows in Fredericton. It's like amateur hour every time.
pablois40

Postby pablois40 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi Jarkko,

We are feeling just great here. Tuesday night row G!!! :D :D :D

Yes, ticket sales were brisk as I expected based on all the buzz I’ve been hearing the upcoming concert.

With a 2nd & then 3rd night here, I hope Leonard takes some time to enjoy our port city. I suggest he could take an easy hike/stroll up to Signal Hill to view the windswept beauty of our rocky shores. It’s a great place to enjoy solitude, only a few minutes away from our downtown. At daybreak, it is profoundly beautiful, especially on those rare mornings when you see the sun rise over the ocean.

Take good care,

Paul
:D
pablois40

Postby pablois40 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:54 pm

Hey Jarkko,
I completely forgot to thank you for all the emails that you have handled for an obviously excited fanbase here in Atlantic Canada, especially St. John's.

We've had a few snowstorms of late here but hopefully there won't be any when Leonard arrives. But I've seen snow on our Victoria day weekend before. In fact, Newfoundlanders always try to see such hardships as late spring snowstorms in a positive light as there is an expreesion here: "May snow is good for your eyes" :) :)

thanks again

Paul

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”