Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
devilsinkwell

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by devilsinkwell » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:51 pm

ooops did i say exotic i meant toxic
sorry :twisted:
dublin june 14th manchester 18th june birmingham nov 22nd manchester nov 30th
dharma

Post by dharma » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:12 pm

claire.oconnell wrote:You've nothing to worry about Dharma, I am ickle too, and I don't generally do hats! :D
that's a relief :lol: i don't much care for ickle people in large hats - just doesn't look right :lol:

*william - i was joking

i might bring a hat in case it rains - but it's NOT gonna rain! :roll:
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
William

Post by William » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Well the chances, statistically, are that it will rain in Dublin on ALL THREE DAYS.
Check the Irish Met service records.
England however will be dry.
foxymona

Post by foxymona » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi Lizzy,
I'm Row B which I assume is 7th row because I "think" Salle Willfred Pelletier has AA-EE, then A - Z. Oh I just found a detailed seating plan...YAY, it's 7th row :D Here's the link
http://www.pda.qc.ca/userfiles/File/pdf ... _plans.pdf
Montreal 2008; Fort Lauderdale 2009, Montreal 2012 X 2, Kingston 2012
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:25 pm

ooops did i say exotic i meant toxic
sorry :twisted:
That's more like it. Though we do have some nice areas, few could really be considered "exotic." X-toxic, now, that would make sense.

Okay, Mona... I need to check my ticket. 'SHE' said I was in the 10th row, but 'SHE' may have been wrong about that. I'll do the letter count, myself, now that I know the doubles go thru EE. I'll get back with you. William ~ we care because we just CARE... 12,000 is reduced to a remarkable few when you're only a couple rows apart.

At least we know we won't get rained on or have our view blocked by huge hats or umbrellas... though we may have a banner or a nudie or two.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:10 pm

anyone get thier tickets for the sunday show yet ?
catman

Post by catman » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:44 pm

Does anyone here have any stories from Leonard's previous appearances in Dublin ('85 and '88 I think) ? I remember seeing the first one advertised at the time, but the second one passed me by completely - probably because that was my Leaving Cert year...

8)
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:09 am

William sweetie... there is humour and there is humour..... Why do you keep on coming back to the Dublin thread if you only want to keep putting down the Irish? At the end of the day... we are all human beings on a planet floating in space and no one gets off alive! We are all made of the same stuff... Chillax and give us a break.... and by the way... I am not jealous of your competition winner for those great seats in Manchester :D
Last edited by tinderella on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacqueline

Post by jacqueline » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:21 am

[quote="tinderella53"]William sweetie... there is humour and there is humour..... Why do you keep on coming back to the Dublin thread if you only want to keep putting down the Irish? Everyone that is not irish, wants to be Irish... it's not our fault if you were born in the Queens territory.... at the end of the day... we are all human beings on a planet floating in space and no one gets off alive! We are all made of the same stuf

well said T 53! Its Lenny we'r here for. . . . just cas we all love his music and words....no need to get down and dirty on the political scene :? :? By the way! Your wine bottles r cool!! :) :) :)
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:01 am

Thanks Jacqueline sweetie... and i am a bit drunk... had a few glasses tonight... are ya looking forward to Teddy on wednesday... we must have a drink :D
William

Post by William » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:19 am

Politics, tinderella & Jacqueline?
Never touch them.
Why do you Celts always assume comments are meant to be political?

I like to check in on you people over there, as I like to check in on my other Celtic and Norman neighbours, just to see you're all toddling or tippling (tinders - beware, from one who tippled too much! ;-) ) along.

tinders you wrote: "we are all human beings on a planet floating in space and no one gets off alive! We are all made of the same stuff... "
Thankfully it's not so - the first half is pseudo-philosophical-poppycock from some best-selling tome, no doubt. And we are not all "made of the same stuff."
If we were, you wouldn't be swooning over Leonard! :roll:

My other Irish interest is that, of course, I have had a number of missives from Irish ladies wishing to travel with me back stage in Mancester. And very beautiful some were, too, though I suspect one sent a picture of her daughter. Tch tch.

But the statistics are there and the chances are that the rain will fall and the umbrellas and big hats will be to the fore and women of a certain age will not have their tickets in hand at the gate but will, rather, go rooting through bags to inconvenience everone behind.

All of these things are so easily predicted.

William
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:14 pm

to be honest william your becoming a real pain in the ass. your a wind up merhant my friend but if you want to persist , bring it on . i,ll rip you to threads .

I would walk from here to Drogheda
and back to see the man who is
blockhead enough to expect anything
except injustice from an English Parliament.
Daniel O'Connell

They say the sun never sets on the
British empire --- well, baby, it's setting.
Frank McCourt

You can not put a rope around the neck of
an idea; you can not put an idea up against
the barrack-square wall and riddle it with
bullets; you can not confine it in the strongest
prison cell your slaves could ever build.
Sean O'Casey

lets hope lenny sing a good irish ballad as he did in 1972 in dublin. anyone in the know can e mail this one.

THE PEOPLES OWN MP
How many more must die now, how many must we lose

Before the island people their own destiny can choose?

From immortal Robert Emmet to Bobby Sands M.P

Who was given 30,000 votes while in captivity

No more he,ll hear the larks sweet notes upon the Ulster air

Or gaze upon the snowflake pure to calm his deep despair

Before he went on hungerstrike young Bobby did compose

The Rhythm of Time the Weeping Winds and the Sleeping Rose

(chorus)

He was a poet and a soldier, he died courageously

And we gave him 30,000 votes while in captivity.

Thomas Ashe gave everything in 1917

The lord mayor of Cork Mac Sweeney died his freedom to obtain

But never one of all our dead died more courageously

Than young Bobby Sands from Twinbrook, the people's own M.P

Forever we'll remember him that man who died in pain

That his country North and South might be united once again

To mourn him is to organise and built a movement strong

With ballot box and armalite, with music and with song

(chorus)

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:33 pm

Enough! This forum is no place for sectarianism of any kind. Please could certain posters consider deleting the text of some of their previous posts, and please could 'William' stop stirring up trouble in here? This forum isn't just a big playground for you, or anyone, and I'm fed up with those of you who choose to disguise themselves just so they can have their bit of fun.

Tim
daka

Post by daka » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:00 pm

When Leonard was being interviewed a few years ago by a Norwegian angel she referred to his sojourn in the military and asked him if he would sing again for the Israeli troops. He thought for a moment and said that he would, if they would let him sing for the Palestinians too.

Sean
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
William

Post by William » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Belfastfisher, if you're going to "rip me to threads" why not use some of your own ideas and not quotations lifted from others?

I have been known to sing Kevin Barry myself - fine tune.
"One Monday morning, high upon the gallows tree,
Kevin Barry gave his young life, for the cause of liberty...."

Tim, if you feel there are lurkers in here who are imposters why not be fair, across the board, and insist that each poster has just one "handle" as they say?
That would seem fairest.

You refer to sectarianism - where, for Heaven's sake? (Or is that a sectarian question - politics is not necessarily sectarian.)

It does seem odd, however, that others can post socio/political/religious notions elsewhere and they go unnoted and without interference.

Would you be happy, Tim, if we moved this thread to Everything Else?

One rule for all, as the tailor said to the Bishop!
I assume Fisher & I would agree, at least, on that. :roll:
Last edited by William on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”