Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
claire.oconnell

Re: Tickets to Dublin

Post by claire.oconnell »

Hi Jacqueline,

Sunset pic is taken at Lake Winnepesaukee in New Hampshire, US. Have family there, it's a beautiful place. :)
jally

Post by jally »

Hi

i've not posted before so hello.

Just regarding ticketmaster - who are the bane of my life - have done this before regarding issuing a price range and no indication of why, where and how many prices there are. For Bob Dylan in Kilkenny there was 5 different prices :shock: I couldnt believe it and nothing to say where each were for. This was a little puzzling for a gig on a football pitch with one stand. Anyway i've emailed them to ask for a seating plan before Friday (dunno if ill get it though). For the aforementioned gig I got a refund when I booked tickets for the wrong area on account of this so I hope they dont make the same mistake again. grrr. Sometimes the most expensive ticket is not necessarily the best.

anyway I hope we all get tickets regardless. I'd love to go with my old friend who I used to live with and listen to leonard the most I ever have! Time for the gals to get together again for what will be an amazing night i'm sure. pity it couldn't be indoors though :?
Jimmyprofit

Post by Jimmyprofit »

Jally said:
Sometimes the most expensive ticket is not necessarily the best.
this does tend to be the case sometimes with ticketmaster ireland from past experience, especially with a venue thats never really been used for a seated gig before, will be interesting to see the seating arrangements

however on a brighter note a lot of people will be put off the 115 euro price tag and opt for the cheaper seats too.. hopefully leaving the "best available" seats for us!!

2 nights, according to the times(?) this venue will hold 12000 seated - not too sure of capacity but everyone that wants a ticket and is up and sitting at a PC at 9am shouldn't have a bother getting one

And its lenny, so every ticket will be a good ticket (Yes I'm quite the optimist!), just to be there will be such a great experience.

What a year for gigs in Dublin!!!!!!!
God. Zeus. Allah. Buddha.
Bob Dylan on a motor scooter.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Feck!!! They announced leonard's tour on the Irish News on rte this evening, now the whole country knows :( I am so worried now that I wont get a ticket in the mad friday morning scramble
Jimmyprofit

Post by Jimmyprofit »

Tinderella53

Call on friends family - everyone one can find at make sure they're at a PC for you!!

Get a lend of a few lap tops and grow some extra arms :shock:

Keep positive :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I would be lying if I said i wasn't nervous about not getting one aswell!!
jacqueline

Post by jacqueline »

Best of luck to everyone on friday morn. Hope everyone gets a ticket. See you all in June!! :D :D :D :D
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Thanks Jimmy that is sweet.... but what do i do give them all my credit card details and we all try at the same time? I am being positive. I am happy in a way that the tickets are a bit pricey, so maybe that may put some people off.
jally

Post by jally »

tinder if you haven't already register with ticketmaster. i have found it saves time to be logged in etc when time is tight!
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Yeah Jally i did register thanks, i even got emails from the pod site about the concerts today also... i am following every evenue. thanks a lot
Jimmyprofit

Post by Jimmyprofit »

Yeah! If you trust them enough give your details!! Its worth the risk ;-)

If they're close by you can let them secure the tickets and then put your own info in manually.. I've a few people beside me with computers so the first one that gets in I'll run over to take over!!!

Then I'll buy them breakfast :D

Best of luck tinderella53, you seem mighty deserving of a ticket :D I really hope your posting smiles here on friday :D

If all else fails get a lend of a wheelchair and buy a wheelchair ticket. Thats horrible. I can't believe I just wrote that.
Dance_Me_to_the_End

Post by Dance_Me_to_the_End »

tinderella53 wrote:Feck!!! They announced leonard's tour on the Irish News on rte this evening, now the whole country knows :( I am so worried now that I wont get a ticket in the mad friday morning scramble

My thoughts exactly...

although as someone else said, the ticket prices will probably keep the fairweather fans away!
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Well , its just me and my pc against the world friday morning... so I am talking nicely to the pc all week , telling it not to let me down when I need it most. Hope we all get tickets and cannot wait to read the posts after the sale starts :D
jleslee

Post by jleslee »

cant wait till 9am fri,we're going to try get tickets for few european shows as well,summer 2008 gonna be a good one.. :D
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

Don't know what the panic is. I just bought 6 tickets for the IMMA gig on Ticketmaster in the last three minutes. No hassle, no rush, and near the front of the seated main area.
Se y'all there :razz:
Diane

Post by Diane »

You're on a wind up RP.

I'll have to wait for the Sunday tickets, anyhow.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”