Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Red Poppy

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 - tickets

Post by Red Poppy »

Confetti - I am, in fact, a man, though in a certain light........
The dress is simply a little thing I throw on now and then.

Tinderella - at your age the blonde can't be real though row UU is further back than you think. Still, at your age, it probably doesn't matter. I said AT YOUR AGE IT PROBABLY DOESN'T MATTER :razz:
claire.oconnell

Post by claire.oconnell »

tinderella53 wrote:Thanks Leonard for touring again and giving us all the chance to see you.
You said it, thank you so much Mr. Cohen!

I am just so glad to be there at all, I saw that there were great seats going for the Sunday, but the friend coming with me is is booked to fly out on holidays on the 15th! Hence my sheer panic this morning!

I cannot wait, already scratching the days off the calendar. :razz:
Closing Doors

Post by Closing Doors »

harriett wrote: Anyways, I'm BLKA2 EEE A-TYPE - I can see BlkA2 but cannot see any EEE seats??? Any ideas?
Well the last row I can see in Blk A2, is FFF, so I guess you're infront of that.
rigray

Post by rigray »

Got great seats in Block A5 for Sunday show.
A million thanks to this Forum for the advance info.
It's going to be a great gig!!
Dublin May 1976 /Dublin Dec 1979 / Dublin Jun 1983 / Dublin Mar 1985 / Dublin Jun 1988 / Dublin Jun 2008 / Dublin Jul 2009 / Sligo Jul 2010 / Dublin Sept 2012 / Dublin Sept 2013
catz

Post by catz »

I am sooooo very happy - I got tickets for both gigs in Dublin. Could only buy two separate ones for the 14th, but got two good seats together for the 15th. I am giddy with excitement. Thanks for all the info on this site. I only joined recently, but have been reading here for ages.

After my success with Dublin tickets, I proceeded to purchase two for Edinburgh a month later. :D :D Aer Lingus flights are only €77. The Edinburgh concert are so much cheaper than Dublin too. :lol:
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hey Poppy seeing as you think I am SO OLD AND INFIRM.... if you got a better ticket closer up to see THE MAN.... and I take it you have seen him before.... wanna swap tickets and buy your way into HEAVEN when you die. :D ?
By the way I am sure you will look fetching in a red dress but hope you still have some hair left on your head as I cannot see a dress looking so well on someone with a bald head, unless you are Sinead :D
siobhanb

Post by siobhanb »

GOT MY TICKETS!!!! Actually, got 2 sets of two in different sections - 2 bought on-line, 2 bought at ticketmaster outlet (my plan worked!!!!). Can't work out which ones are the better seats - Block B Row L or Block A2 Row YY. Block B is the tiered seating so I should get a good un-obstructed view of the stage although a little further back. These were the cheaper of the two (€105), so maybe they're not as good(or does it REALLY make much of a difference).

Anyway, I'm just so delighted that I'm at last going to see Lenny live!!! I keep staring at the tickets in my hand in disbelief!!! :lol: :lol:
paddyman7

Post by paddyman7 »

Got my tickets thanks be to God.

I was logged on ready to go and had 6 tickets for Saturdays gig up on screen and then I ^%£%$"%$&^(&*&*^%^%$%$£"$"£$$£% it all up by not having the right details for the credit card to hand- had to call the owner who was teaching a religion class to Junior Certs to get it sorted- funnily enough he had his phone turned on and was willing to answer it.

By the time I got back to the net Saturday was gone but I managed to get 6 for Sunday Block A5 Row X so it seems to me I scored better seats- there will only be 23 heads between me and the stage.

I now have 2 spare tickets and am willing to sell them- It will literally cost you a leg and an arm to pry them from my cold dead hands....
Last edited by paddyman7 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
confetti

Post by confetti »

tinderella53 wrote:Hey Poppy seeing as you think I am SO OLD AND INFIRM.... if you got a better ticket closer up to see THE MAN.... and I take it you have seen him before.... wanna swap tickets and buy your way into HEAVEN when you die. :D ?
By the way I am sure you will look fetching in a red dress but hope you still have some hair left on your head as I cannot see a dress looking so well on someone with a bald head, unless you are Sinead :D
i think you maybe should have tried to butter Poppy up a little more before the insults, tinderella, you probably had a chance of the swap there and then you blew it with the baldness :D :D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

lol, Confetti, he has been giving me a hard time... and I really don't know why....... I am a nice person really. ;-)
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Another stupid blonde question... how do you put parts of previous posts into your own post, like you just did confetti
And hey i can laugh at myself lol... Here's a blonde joke for ya all
2 blondes walk into a building.....
You'd think one of them would have missed it! :D :D :D :D
siobhanb

Post by siobhanb »

tinderella53 wrote:Just thought i would let you all know that Teddy Thompson is playing Whelans 9th April. He was brilliant at the Came so Far for Beauty tour. I adore his version of Tonight will be fine. Anyways, its only 20 euro, so won't break the bank and t'would be a nice pre Leonard gig to go to. :D :D
Going to this concert too, tinderella53. Yes, Teddy Thompson for me was the highlight of Came so Far for Beauty. Wonderful voice, just suits Lenny's songs so well.
claire.oconnell

tinderella53 wrote:Another stupid blonde question... how do you put parts of previous posts into your own post, like you just did confetti
Click "quote" on the post you want to take something from and edit within the quotation marks in the post a reply screen.

Just did a general scan on ebay out of curiousity and this came up:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/LEONARD-COHEN-Kilmai ... dZViewItem :roll:

Not too crazy a starting price i suppose, but it will be interesting to see how high it goes!
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Thanks Claire..... oh the vultures are out already. Shame! Shame!
claire.oconnell

I know, the stuff on http://www.needaticket.ie is even more galling, particularly when someone here pointed out that that "company" have been bought by ticketmaster. Me thinks I smell a rat.... :x

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”