Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jally

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by jally »

Got me saturday tickets too :D

Also going to Glastonbury again so hopefully catch Len there too! 8)

Henning do you know what venue BPB is playing.
It looks like the good people at Foggy Notions http://www.foggynotions.ie/index.htm are hosting a new festival this summer, Future Days Festival, and its probably to be part of that...something that will most likely take place in lots of Dublin venues. Foggy issue a pretty decent mag and promote a number of good gigs usually in Whelans or The Village, the latter of which I really dislike so hope its not on in there!!
jacqueline

Post by jacqueline »

Tinder! wasnt Teddy great on wed night. Really wonderful voice. Tough songs. was looking out for a 'brainy, butiful blonde with a 7up'!! Thought it might be u to the left of stage at the wall but wasnt sure so didnt like to say anything!! :) :) Hope ur enjoying the new job .
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hey Jacquie... :) Yeah i was standing at the wall, ah should have come over... I went up the stairs to Teddy and he signed my album and gave me a hug! He was brilliant wasn't he? What a voice. I took some great photos of him. This day 2 months, I will be in my seat waiting on Len woo hoo :D :D
William

Post by William »

And doubtless he'll be waiting for you. Does the frame fold, tinders? ;-)
Henning

Post by Henning »

Jally, thnx for this first hint. I have to obey this site.

Jacquelíne and Tinderalla, which Teddy are you talking about ? Teddy Sheringham ?
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Who's he? Noooooo Teddy Thompson :D .....
Henning

Post by Henning »

Ah Teddy Thompson. He's good. I saw him at the LC tribute show in Dublin 2006 and doing support for Lucinda Williams. I like his version of tonight will be fine. Did he do some LC covers ?
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Yeah i love that version he does, also the Future but alas, he did not do them but his own songs are quite special too. I also love Bonnie Prince Billy, must look out for that gig.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Report this postReply with quote Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!
by daka on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:20 am

Jesus! I was wondering: What's that Floridian doing in this thread when she's not even going to the Dublin concerts!

Sean
... "that Floridian" presumably being me, "Lizzy"... I'll go ahead and presume by your presence here [in this thread] that you are going to the Dublin concert.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
daka

Post by daka »

Are you going to the Dublin concert(s) Lizzy? If so I will be looking forward to finally meeting you!

Sean
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

How do you people all meet up at gigs and recognise each other when there are no photos on here.... just wonderin'? :?
damellon

Post by damellon »

tinderella - you either stand at the bar humming a recognisable Cohen song and the others will find you, or you carry the Book of Longing so that it's visible (so, not under your oxter), or just take pot luck and chat to any pleasant looking person in the vicinity and if he's not 'one of us', maybe, late into the evening, after a few drinks, you can persuade him to join the Forum. :)
PS. You can always spot Red Poppy - it's the dress + the hairy arms + the pint of Guinness that give him away!
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Thanks for making me laugh d..... on reflection it was a silly question I asked.... we all love Leonard, and thats enough. Can't wait to see Poppy's dress though! :D
damellon

Post by damellon »

tinderella53 wrote:Can't wait to see Poppy's dress though! :D
tinderella -
It is indeed a sight to behold and one of the highlights of our annual get-together :shock:
Has anyone told you yet about Birdonawire, Grecian Man, Jimmy O'Connell or Jimbo?
A treat other than the concert awaits you in mid-June. :lol:
I'd get into some serious training if I was you.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Wow, Can't wait now... you better keep me informed where this gathering will take place of course 8) ........Sounds like it's gonna be one helluva party... and you with your chip van too! Fabulous!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”