Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tiggs
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:45 pm
Location: Derry N.Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by tiggs » Sun May 25, 2008 7:09 pm

whoooo.. dont know what that is in real money but it seems a bit steep. But as most cash on tour is made from merch I guess we should buy something. I suppose I will have to get the t shirt though, if there is anything left after the chip van :)
confetti
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: northern ireland
Contact:

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by confetti » Sun May 25, 2008 7:15 pm

hopefully the euro will weaken again before the 14th tiggs, then we grab ourselves a bargain :lol:
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
User avatar
MFL
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by MFL » Sun May 25, 2008 7:25 pm

confetti wrote:hopefully the euro will weaken again before the 14th tiggs, then we grab ourselves a bargain :lol:
I don't think than's going to happen soon. You should get your real money now.
Marcie
confetti
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: northern ireland
Contact:

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by confetti » Sun May 25, 2008 11:08 pm

MFL wrote:
confetti wrote:hopefully the euro will weaken again before the 14th tiggs, then we grab ourselves a bargain :lol:
I don't think than's going to happen soon. You should get your real money now.
i always like to keep a few yoyos in reserve for unexpected trips.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Red Poppy
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by Red Poppy » Mon May 26, 2008 1:25 am

Before the panic sets in - my merchandise price list was a figment of my imagination, loosely based on doubling the price of Bruce Springsteen merchandise. :roll:
Hopefully the prices, if there is merhandise, will be severely less than those quoted.
PS The fried Mars bars are only 2 euro
confetti
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: northern ireland
Contact:

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by confetti » Mon May 26, 2008 1:38 am

Red Poppy wrote:Before the panic sets in - my merchandise price list was a figment of my imagination, loosely based on doubling the price of Bruce Springsteen merchandise. :roll:
Hopefully the prices, if there is merhandise, will be severely less than those quoted.
PS The fried Mars bars are only 2 euro
you naughty naughty person. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
User avatar
MFL
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by MFL » Mon May 26, 2008 1:51 am

confetti wrote:
Red Poppy wrote:Before the panic sets in - The fried Mars bars are only 2 euro
you naughty naughty person. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too right confetti,
I can't belive you did that to us Red Poppy, Damellon is going to be so upset, She could have got in so much trouble. I had worked out the mark-up on those Mars bars and even with the increased oil prices she was way over the 66% allowed .. €3 That's just not on.... :shock: :shock:
Marcie
tiggs
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:45 pm
Location: Derry N.Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by tiggs » Mon May 26, 2008 2:55 am

Im thinking leonard will just give us all free merchandise, buy us all a beer and dish out cigarettes before the gig and spend an hour touring the grounds with us all, eating sausage suppers ( without the sausage of course ) before announcing that bono has been banned from attending the tour and mary robinson and the glen colimcill choir will be replaceing the webb sisters. Hey I would pay double for that :)
tea
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 am

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by tea » Mon May 26, 2008 12:39 pm

tea wrote:I also have ticeidí: 2 tickets , Friday 13th June. Section A5 (i.e most central one), Row NN, seats 129 and 130 (one of these is aisle seat, which might be good). Face value plus booking fees I paid..so 242.50 altogether and €5 for registered post (or can meet in Dublin) :D
any offers????????????????? :?
User avatar
damellon
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by damellon » Mon May 26, 2008 2:00 pm

MFL wrote:
confetti wrote:
Red Poppy wrote:Before the panic sets in - The fried Mars bars are only 2 euro
you naughty naughty person. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too right confetti,
I can't belive you did that to us Red Poppy, Damellon is going to be so upset, She could have got in so much trouble. I had worked out the mark-up on those Mars bars and even with the increased oil prices she was way over the 66% allowed .. €3 That's just not on.... :shock: :shock:
Ah, but MFL, the first 1000 only will come with a commemorative napkin bearing The Tartan Trailer logo and the words And here they take their sweet repast (The Guests), so would still be amazing value at 3 euro. Get there early, or pre-book (minimum order 5) to be sure :D
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
User avatar
damellon
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by damellon » Mon May 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Hmmmmm................ maybe there will be tastier stuff on sale ..... I never mind paying for quality..... Mars bars.... no thanks

tinderella - I'm sure there'll be something there for you. I have a light as a breeze confection, my soon-to-be-famous flash fried fruit and nut fudge. Is this what you wanted? :)
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
User avatar
MFL
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by MFL » Mon May 26, 2008 4:37 pm

damellon wrote: Ah, but MFL, the first 1000 only will come with a commemorative napkin bearing The Tartan Trailer logo and the words And here they take their sweet repast (The Guests), so would still be amazing value at 3 euro. Get there early, or pre-book (minimum order 5) to be sure
What can I say Damellon, I had not know about the commemorative napkin, that is truly amazing value. It must also be said that you should get rid of your head of Advertising, One Red Poppy. I do not belive he is doing his job as well as he should be.. :shock:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marcie
User avatar
MFL
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by MFL » Mon May 26, 2008 4:54 pm

tiggs wrote:Im thinking leonard will just give us all free merchandise, buy us all a beer and dish out cigarettes before the gig and spend an hour touring the grounds with us all, eating sausage suppers ( without the sausage of course ) before announcing that bono has been banned from attending the tour and mary robinson and the glen colimcill choir will be replaceing the webb sisters. Hey I would pay double for that :)
Great Idea tiggs.
I'll second that. :D :D



Small Print.
It should also be noted that this giving of free merchandise ect. can only be carried out by one Leonard Cohen, Chip vans are not included in this offer. Nor can it be expected than any other Leonard turning up for the show would have to honor this offer. It is only One Mr/Ms. Tiggs that has to pay double, as no other person offered it cannot be expected.

Small print can be changed at any time without notice.
Marcie
User avatar
tinderella
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: Dublin Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by tinderella » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Thankfully I didn't take Poppys merchandise list too serious. I must be getting used to the way his brain works at last. The first time he made my heart jump was when he said he already had his tickets.... before they went on sale!!! What a joker lol..... So all you newbies.... and i mean newbier :D than me...... Take everything Poppy says with a pinch of good oldfashioned sea salt
:D :D
Damellon.... thanks for the food offer, I am sure you will have something that I like but if not, no worries, beer will do nicely :D .... Hey it is my birthday tomorrow so hope i wake up to lots of greetings :lol:
User avatar
tinderella
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: Dublin Ireland

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by tinderella » Tue May 27, 2008 12:01 am

Ps... richarddrj, will probably ask J to move my previous post to another thread for birthdays or something so sorry in advance Richard
Post Reply

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”